Secret Ingredients Corn-beef and Cabbage

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I buy a point and a flat. Then when I slice it after boiling for a few hours, we mix up the lean with the marbled. I bought two points yesterday for $2.99 a lb! WHAT? Outrageous! They didn't have any flats.....
Well Hamburger is MORE than that!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do prefer to cook vegetables separately. (Not wild about the flavors of the veggies cooked in the brine.)
the dw found a recipe on pinterest saying in a separate pot place the veggies in water.chicken broth and some brine and cook as i mentioned earlier. will find out this evening how that works out....sounds pretty good at least everything won't taste the same.
went to the store last night they had a ton of points for sale, picked up the 4 biggest flats avg 4 lbs each. those point where so small, all most embarrassing.
points 3.58 lbs
flats 4.78 lbs
still need to pick carrots and for good measures going to pick and add a leek to the pot...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
picked the carrots and leeks for the corn beef...
DSC_0004.JPG

was torn which one to post for you @thistlebloom
the serious one.
DSC_0003.JPG

or the....:plbb:plbb
DSC_0001.JPG

......:hugs hugs and kisses from north carolina ......

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jeez @majorcatfish :( Looks like you have (had) enough to SHARE! :drool Those carrots look delicious. We did have some luck with carrots last summer. But not sure if we will try again. DH wants parsnips (they are persnickety) and we have NEVER gotten any. His Dad always did. :D Sure miss him. Missing both Dad's today.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee know the feeling our mother pasted 4 years ago on the first day of spring, miss her but it brings a tear and a happy feeling knowing her passing.
.........the first day of spring............ we her children cherish that day.

so when i start seeds every year it's in memory of her .......

on to a happy thought

Last edited:

Latest posts