seed swap donations for upcoming winter seed swap

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
hi everyone!

i am trying to get as many seeds as possible gathered for the upcoming seed swap (this winter):

if you cannot attend but would like to donate things for me to scatter to the crowds there (last year it was a few hundred people) and i gave away a lot of things to about 50-100 people in that one day. it is a vastly more efficent way for me to distribute my seeds and fits within my more hermit life as i don't have to drive as far to get there and back.

my preference is for beans, peas and seeds adapted to more northern climates and a shorter season, but i will take anything and give full credit to you and share any contact information if you desire.

this year i am hoping Mom will go and also the local greenhouse guy. will be more fun to have someone(s) with me so i can wander a bit more and look around or even go to some of the presentations (plus they are both much more fun in person than i am :) )...

i'm already psyched and way ahead of the date for this, but while people are finishing up for the season and sending out packages i hope i can be on the list.

also the local library has now put up a small seed library so i have yet another outlet for some of the seeds i have here. :) yay! pimrarily i would like seeds donated for the seed swap, but anything extra can also go to the library if you wish to specify that being ok or you don't care.

thank you for your consideration and *hugs* :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
would be great to meet up if you can make it. :) probably a long drive though and yes that time of the year is really iffy.

last year it was really well attended but the weather was attrocious later that day. it had rained a lot that week and a lot of the farm fields were puddled or flooded and there were white caps in the ditches and fields as i was driving home. i've never seen white caps in the fields here up to that time.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
last year it was really well attended but the weather was attrocious later that day. it had rained a lot that week and a lot of the farm fields were puddled or flooded and there were white caps in the ditches and fields as i was driving home. i've never seen white caps in the fields here up to that time.
Here we call those February white caps "snow drifts". ;)

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not ready yet either, I still need to arrange for some lodging nearby & put in for a few days off. The seeds aren't really arranged for transport either, need to decide what I'm taking & separate some of those seeds into separate containers.

Latest posts