Shed/rabbit house/greenhouse

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
The pic you posted with the shed doors open is probably much like yours and that shed is built on skids.
I bought a couple of those and had them moved here on a roll back truck. We couldn't get the truck exactly where I wanted the sheds, so we unloaded them, close to where they needed to be, and I skidded them into place on their attached skids.
I used a tractor, but if your ground isn't too soft a pickup or suv could do the same thing.
You need to attach your chains to the skids when you pull.
And yes you can add windows or hatches, just add them between studs, you may have to nail in a top and bottom plate for attachment of your window.
The one shed I have is almost exactly like yours, no windows just barn type doors, the other has windows installed from the manufacturer, so if they can do it so can you!!!!

THANX RICH

I think if I explain all this to DB, he will fix this up for me. It will look so much better and be easier to clean. Thank you.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to move my 4'x8' tackroom around all the time by myself, using the same method that @journey11 suggested. Your shed is about double that, but with a little help you could roll it around on peeler poles.
But it sounds like you have decided to keep it in place and build a fence, which would probably be best in the long run anyway.

A bit of paint and a few windows and that little shed could be real charming. Take a look at the Restore for windows. They will pretty much take whatever you offer them if you see some you like. At least that was the case when I bought some. In fact you could probably find your paint there too.I don't know if you have one in PF, but there's one on 95 in Hayden, next to Ziggys.

When your well meaning family give you heartburn over the rabbits, just give them a Mona Lisa smile and go all mysterious on 'em. :) :hugs

I have been to the place in Hayden next to Ziggy's. Good idea! I think I can handle DB and his half jokes and kidding. He has been doing it about the rabbits all these years, but the new SIL was too much. I explained to DS how it would work and he is willing to do it.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When a friend wanted some old windows for a playhouse, he called local window replacement company. When a replacement job came up where old windows would be thrown out they called him

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope you don't mind but this is just a brief thought and not something I intend to do again. If I ever become a grandfather, which looks less and less likely as time passes, maybe but I doubt it.

Here's how the hijacking might work: Paul's Train click ;). Altho, it wasn't my plan, decades ago.

I had built 3 separate chicken coops at 3 separate residences by the time we arrived at this house. Maaaybe, we would want another but it was 20+ years ago and we had a little daughter of 7. I knew how things played out because my son was a young man and off on his own. I wanted a playhouse ;).

No, really ;)! How long DD would want a playhouse I didn't know but imagined that it would only be a short while. I was right! She and her friends probably only used the one I built for a year. It had some imagined value as a stage for backyard plays, as I remember it. Then, it fell into disuse.

DD received a pair of Roller Pigeons as a gift. They moved in on one side of the "playhouse" after some modifications to the building. More pigeons followed and both sides were fully occupied :). In time, the pigeon population was pared down to the original pair and after their decade of life, they were fully displaced by the backyard flocks of laying hens, that first took up residence on only one side of the structure.

The "playhouse" now sits empty of both children and birds ;). I use it to store flats and trays that fill up with potting soil and plants and take up room in the nearby greenhouse, through a few months each year. But anyway .... I thought that I'd slip that plan for a playhouse locomotive :D into this thread because it looks like it would also be suitable for just such a trip through childhood and retired-guy uses. If GWR has a grandchild or two in the future ....

;) Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope you don't mind but this is just a brief thought and not something I intend to do again. If I ever become a grandfather, which looks less and less likely as time passes, maybe but I doubt it.

Here's how the hijacking might work: Paul's Train click ;). Altho, it wasn't my plan, decades ago.. If GWR has a grandchild or two in the future ....

;) Steve

Don't give up on the grandkids just yet. I did not have DS until I was 44. My mother had me when she was 40. DD wants a baby so bad, so a playhouse locomotive might happen some day at my house. I know she would have liked it when she was 7!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't give up on the grandkids just yet. I did not have DS until I was 44. My mother had me when she was 40. DD wants a baby so bad, so a playhouse locomotive might happen some day at my house. I know she would have liked it when she was 7!
This gives me hope. I have only 2 grandchildren from my oldest daughter. My second daughter will be 30 in a couple weeks. We are having Thanksgiving dinner with her boyfriend's family. I don't know if it's for convenience so they don't have to travel to both houses or if an announcement is coming! :fl My son is only 27 and has a really sweet nice girlfriend but he says he doesn't think she's the one and that she is too needy, haha. I would love to see these kids married. Plus I want more grandkids!

Mary

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I was going to describe what~ journey11 ~mentioned in that post```

It has to be jacked up to get the round logs under it~ and they have to be long enough to stick out both sides~ if you get a couple three under and one as far back as just past center~ as it's pulled ( you can pull it with a truck or car) it will ride up on the rollers```

The one you want to move is the one with the gambrel roof isn't it```

1.To pull it I'd use 2- 2"X 4" one nailed on top of the other~ about 1' or more from the bottom across the back of the shed into the studs ~ so you'll be pulling against a 4 X 4``` You can put rags or rugs on the ropes or cable or what ever you use to pull so as not to scar the sides of the building```

DB I guess that's Dear Brother~ if he has a friend~ it will go smother
they can figure it out so the building isn't damaged```

If the floor hasn't been on the wet ground so long the wood has become soft~ instead of nailing to the back for the hitch~ something can be nailed to the sides of the flooring plate``` Wish we were there```

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, DB is my brother. He will be over tonight or tomorrow and I will talk to him about this. I decided if I am going to put them in the shed, I do not want them where the shed is now. it would just make it harder in the winter trudging out there in the snow. Either DS and DB move the shed and it is fixed up for the rabbits or I am going to have DS build some smaller hutch for 2 and then put the 5 in the worst hutch and then repair the better hutch and make it as nice as possible. Then, move the rabbits to the good hutch and tear the other one down. That would looks so much better. I can paint it and have seen a few cute ideas.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tore down what where called barns by realtor because of rot. If I left them up and not used would have made getting building permit for new garage much easier. But it was a visional thing they where ugly so had to go.

Latest posts