Should I Call?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary his address is in one of those kind of neighborhoods where strangers don't knock on doors.I left another message on his voice mail this morning.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
He just called me, his father died. He went home for a week. He thought he txed all clients, things where crazy he might have missed a few.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sad about his father, but glad nothing happened to him. Maybe you should get an alternate number for him, just in case.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have had the same lawn guy for about 5 seasons. He does good job and gives me discount because I have grass cut 1x week. He knows it is weekend house so lawn always cut by sat. He does not send out bills, about every 4 to 6 cuts he calls me with number of cuts and amount. I always mail out his check with in a week. This weekend I was surprised how high the grass was, not sure last time it was cut. I keep a eye on weather in area, all week dry. Should I call him today and find out what happen or wait till he calls me a few weeks away?
If he has always been good in the past perhaps life got in his way. Call to see if there's a problem.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once hired a Mexican licensed carpet layer to install carpeting in a house that I was building. He had a small store front in a group of businesses. He delivered the carpeting and started to install it in the living room late in the day. He didn't show up the next morning , so I called his mobile phone ... no answer and his answering machine was full or not working. Same the next day. So I whent to his store and it was locked and dark insidel. I whent next doors to see where he was and noone knew. A week later, I found out that he was an illegal alien and was deported.

Latest posts