Should We Talk, Cukes?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
who's pants are on the cattle panel?????

oh yes maketmores are very prolific yesterday picked a bucket today picked another bucket, taking them to day tomorrow.
DSC_0003.JPG

Last edited:

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have just 4 plants and DH takes a bag to work every couple of days. It is a nice sharing crop, til you can't find anyone to take them, like zucchini.
I think I will freeze some cuke/onion/vinegar salad. That turned out pretty good last year.

It's been raining for 3 days, can't imagine what they are up to out there!
Why can't everything grow like cucumbers?!

IMG_2813.JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have just 4 plants and DH takes a bag to work every couple of days. It is a nice sharing crop, til you can't find anyone to take them, like zucchini.
I think I will freeze some cuke/onion/vinegar salad. That turned out pretty good last year.

It's been raining for 3 days, can't imagine what they are up to out there!
Why can't everything grow like cucumbers?!

View attachment 8960
you might want to add some fresh tomatoes and basil to it as a fresh salad...balsamic vinegar is the key...
keeping up with picking cucumbers can be overwhelming....really hope that we get a fall crop of them....

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Since discovering them, I only grow Marketmores now. Fantastic eating, high production, easy to care for.
My seeds aren't called Marketmore 76 though..must be a similar hybrid variety of them?
I grew English long cukes in the greenhouse one year. Good eating, but production was poor.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most of you know this, but cucumber seeds last for several years, so don't throw this year's out. I think the ones I planted this year are about 5 years old, and germination is very good.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My late cucumbers have been producing for about a week now. The plants are small this year. The record temps must have caused that.

The early cukes have not quit, by any means. The late zucchini are also in production, and also small plants. Those are just taking over as THE zuks because the early plants are looking like they have been through a war!

Anyway, I have a never ending supply of these things! The lemon cukes were not in that second planting. That's because they are late. Yep. Those vines are rolling in lemon cucumbers!

Steve

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
While we're talking about cukes.....anybody trellis them with success?

Was thinking of doing a simple frame with 2x4s to get them off the ground. They either start climbing my tomatoes & peppers or get smothered by the zucchini & other vining squash.