Slender as a Thread

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have already lost 2 pounds!

My belt requires some tightening - I noticed that first!

Are growing season activities trimming off a few unwanted pounds?!

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! Was just thinking that this morning... the scale is finally moving in the right direction. Considering I am working from sun up to sun down- I would say it is about time! With that added space you will be working- you will need to buy a smaller belt!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I seem to be stuck in a fat warp :( .

Yeah, working more, eating less, and yesterday I put on a pair of last seasons work pants....they went back in the drawer.
I'm not liking the slow metabolism this stage of life has foisted on me!

But I did get up early and ride my bike, yep, left the old brain home so maybe I'll sneak up on weight loss. :rolleyes:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, I've been avoiding a couple pairs of last year's work jeans. With a few stretches after I get them on now - they'll do!

I've lost another 3 pounds. And, weighing was after breakfast :).

I'm trying to remember where the scales stopped showing good news last fall but I think I've only got a couple more winter pounds to peel off. That should be a good rate since it is usually late, after some hot weather, when most of my weight loss occurs. (Sure aren't getting the hot weather days just now. It didn't hit 70f yesterday and isn't suppose to today! Blue skies, sunshine - a little breezy and cool.)

I had cherries, coffee and 3 slices of French toast for breakfast :p!

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good for you, Steve! I lost the first few winter pounds... and now I seem to be static. Of course, it has been pouring here for days- so my time outside is much less than usual. I remember the good old days, when those pounds dropped off at the mention of spring. Ah well, the only thing that stays the same is change.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Job weight losers! Wish I could say the same. I spend as much time as I can in the yard and garden and am eating healthier. But the weight just must like me alot, is is sticking around i.e.the waist, hips, thighs, etc.... :(

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I've lost 3 pounds also! But mine has been more of cutting down on unhealthy afternoon snacks. I crave sweets at that time with my cup of tea. But lately, I've been having 2 celery stalks or an apple with peanut butter. Not the same. :(

I have 6 more pounds to go!

Mary

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have lost inches, but not pounds. My clothes are loose. In the winter I usually get cold all the time even when nobody else is, but this winter I had the rabbits to take care of and all the walking and going in and out has really helped me. I feel a lot better. I have the extra exercise, I have been taking vitamin D3 with flax seed oil, and a tablespoon of black strap molasses. I feel better than last year and I am 5 pounds down since getting the rabbits in August. I think I will lose more weight gardening as the summer goes. The extra exercise in the winter helped the cold feeling and bad circulation and the vitamin D3 and oil stopped my heart skipping beats. I never good figure it out, but my brother kept telling me to take D3 and I read something about heart skipping beats with low D3 and it seems to have worked.

Latest posts