Slender as a Thread

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Over 13 pounds lost!

I am expecting 15 and wanting 17.

Of course, it would be nice to get below 180 again. When was the last time? College days?

Steve :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gardening with Rabbits said:
RED SAID . . . "Since the last week of April I have changed my diet and lost . . . er, worked off. . . 29 pounds."

CONGRATULATIONS! That is really a lot of weight in a short period of time. How did you change your diet??
Sorry, I didn't follow this thread. I am very late with my response. I am on a high protein, low carb, 1000 cal. or less a day food plan I got from my doctor many years ago. I suspect a change in meds has made the plan easier to stick to.

Not a life-long diet, but a way to lose quickly. . . 3 months on, wait 2-3 months for body weight to stabilize and 3 months on again.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow Steve, 13 pounds is a lot. How close are you to 180, if I may ask? ;) If your close, you might be able to make it!

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
188.5#

I was 202# at the start of the year . . . and continuing.

Just doing it with work - something that there is too little of during the off-season. I think it takes me several weeks in the spring to loosen up enuf that I can actually burn a calorie, moving around :rolleyes:.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, there is not enough interesting work here right now to keep me active. I know I need to just use the treadmill, but have had a bit of an energy deficit lately.(of course, if I exercised, I would have the energy to exercise :/) I tried to start putting up my chicken fence and found I have lost a lot of strength just since spring. That is disconcerting.
Not babysitting regularly, not digging in the garden, not lugging water/dirt/whatever around the property right now. It's still too hot during the day for me to enjoy being out in the sun, and gets dark as it cools off in the evening. Always an excuse why I don't do the necessary thing. My whining should be in the "Excuses, Excuses" thread!
Steve, congratulations on losing the weight. :clap I know it gets really hard when you aren't as agile as you used to be. You gotta eat a certain amount just to stay alive!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Agile - there it is.

When I was a teenager, I wondered why old people walk the way they do. Then, I got older and had a few injuries. So -- I decided that old people walk that way because it hurts to walk any other way . . .

Then, I got a little older . . . and . . . I realized that old people walk that way because it is the only way they can walk!

Stone Age Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I should patent the Hyperthyroid diet! Have your thyroxin 3 and thyroxin 4 take turns skyrocketing, interspersed with sudden and random storms of I think it's called HST er sump'n, the enzyme. Fat cells all burn up and go away, better than any of those Hollywood diet claims or pill advertisement claims.

So far have not yet had to buy a smaller belt! :) Don't have a scale, but I'm on the last hole on my belt, somewhere around 170 or 160. Protein powder in my coffee helps :p

No I'm not gonna quit coffee. Lol.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Protein powder in coffee doesn't sound so good, Marshall . . . Are you saying that it would help me lose weight?

Mom was something of a health nut. I grew up eating pretty strange foods. I am sure that is where I remember protein powder. We had aaalll these different kinds of cheeses! I'm sure that I wouldn't even recognize the names now, if I was to come across them :p. Took vitamins every day - just like a good kid.

Mom was always trying to fatten me up. She claimed that I, "ate just like a girl on a diet" after I got old enuf to take charge of my own food intake. Well, I still ate all she put in front of me at holidays :)! She'd make me pies to take home - always loved pie but she was convinced that shortening was a no-no so the crust had to be made with oil. My favorite part of the pie! It did limit my pie intake, I bet.

DeCaf, Marshall! I am righteously making 2/3rds decaf these days. Now, I didn't say I was "enjoying" 2/3rds decaf :/.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you don't enjoy it, don't consume it.

In effort to lose weight, using smaller plate & eating less meat-more vegetables. It's a tough fight as metabolism is slowing down.

Understand walking with history of ruptured disks, if I sit in certain position, I have to walk several steps before I can "straighten" up. Once straight, good to go. It would help if my pouch in front would go away, but I hate sit-ups to increase muscles.