Slender as a Thread

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, I hope you print the recipe here and not a pm so that we all can have it. :)

Can you use the bread machine for it?

Mary

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been buying products at soap.com. I love their organic sprouted spelt flour. I buy organic brown sugar, rice pasta, rice crackers and organic instant coffee. I have found the coffee cheaper however. Spend $50 and get free shipping. I found local stores to be hit or miss in having what I wanted. I prefer to shop locally but they were not keeping products in stock. RE: organic coffee.I was having daily headaches. My homeopathic physician told me to switch to organic coffee-instantly gone headaches.

That is something to know, about the coffee! I don't have headaches and I only drink Folgers at home and do not go to coffee shops and things like that.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have city water even this last month complete with chlorine. I drink water right out of the faucet and I drink all day. I will even feel dehydrated doing this and used to think I was getting diabetes or something, but I read stress can make you dehydrated. It can be stress from the weather or mental, physical. I started taking liquid vitamins and a lot of things seemed to get fixed. Crampy hands and toes, dry mouth, and feeling cold all the time, but I still drink water and ice tea.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some oolong types or brands are touted as "diet" teas. I wonder if that is legit.

Still, drinking tea sure could lower calories if it's done instead of eating. And, what I see on about dot com for caffeine levels, oolong has about 1/3rd of what caffeinated coffee carries. I like it, just fine.

A problem is that DW likes green tea and I don't really ... I'm trying to get through my "favorite" green tea and think I'll just leave it to her. Time for something better ...

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, have you tried a good Jasmine tea? You might like it. The problem is that everything at the grocery stores are very poor quality.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, @catjac1975, have you had time to hunt up that recipe yet? I got the spelt flour in yesterday, along with some coffee and a few other things. Two day free delivery! (Coffee very good!)
Anyway, I tried making some bread with the spelt flour, from a recipe I found on line. Not very good. But sorta edible if you toast it and use lots of butter and cinnamon/sugar. And drink lots of milk with it. That's healthy, right?
Hope your recipe doesn't give quite the same results.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, I've tried .

. . and mostly enjoyed, a number of tea varieties through the years.

I believe you have it correct about the quality in our stores.

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
http://wholelifestylenutrition.com/recipes/30-minute-spelt-rolls-that-are-light-air

I have made a few changes to this recipe.
I use olive oil as coconut does not agree with me.
I mix in in my bread maker and then put the rolls in a 9X13 pan.
I make one row 2 rolls instead of 3 so they are a bit bigger for a hamburger bun. Don't be put off by the smaller size they are very filling.
I warm the oven then turn it off and let them rise for 10 minutes. I turn the oven to 400 degrees without removing the rolls and bake for 12 minutes instead of ten. They do come out a little differently each time. If you have good fresh yeast they will be light and fluffy. I make them at least once a week so I am never out. In the summer you need to refrigerate them after a couple of days to prevent mold. If they come out without rising very well it is probably your yeast-they are worth trying a few times for perfection. I hope you like them as much as I do. Oh, I sliced them thinly and made them into French toast for breakfast.

I have also made pumpkin bread out of the sprouted spelt just exchanging the spelt for any old pumpkin bread recipe.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you Cat. I've printed the recipe out to put in my binder. Spelt flour is ok for people with celiac, right? I want to make sure because my daughter has it. The recipe calls for 1/4 c. sucanat or rapunzel. What is that and what can I subsitute for it?

Mary