So what do all you green thumbed folks do....

janetnjim

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
over the winter when there is no gardenin to do?
What other hobbies do you use yer winter time on ?
I am a funiture builder.I use only recycyled wood for my projects. Amazing,the beauty to be found in pallet wood.
Janet and i also make candles. We metal detect and prospect for gold.

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Weave baskets, cook and bake nonstop, read, play with my kids and hopefully this year work with somebody trying to learn English! Oh yeah, and finally clean the house.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, in about 2 weeks I will be hard to find.... my cookie baking usually takes off this time of year prepping for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then after that I will plant little winter mini greenhouses for hundred of plants on my back patio. So as soon as spring hits and they are ready, I'll be busy busy busy again.

ANyone like Biscotti get your orders in by Nov 1st for Christmas!!!

http://BiscottiQueen.etsy.com

tfpets

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Oh, I do some gardening all year! I get my yard ready for next spring, do some indoor preparation for Spring, buy seeds online. Oh, we have 3 adopted sons to keep us busy, but we love to Geocache, go 4x4ing (we have video's on Youtube under tfpets) we go to Poultry shows, car shows, play in the snow and go snow camping, I bake and cook, and sew if I can, I take care of my Poultry and 100+ animals on our 3 acres, I work 40+ hours a week so I can only squeeze in so much......we have meet and greets with our 4x4 friends and plan regular weekend outings..I dont watch t.v. though...ummm, I spend time on the internet...I love taking pictures...Oh you know, stuff and things! Thanks for asking!!
Tina/tfpets

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Oh yeah, and finally clean the house.
LOL. Lately this has been all too true for me as well. The growing season is my work season, between the garden and house projects, I'm usually running all day every day.

Fall/Winter is my rest time. That means I cook a lot, clean and organize the house more, have more dinner guests, and occassionally I break out some watercolor paints. But mostly I catch up on my sleep, when I can.

sunnychooks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I continue to take care of chickens, sheep and goats and I race sled dog teams!
:) :) (dogs)
:D (me!)

Latest posts