Solar path lights

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary I have a few of those decretive solar lights. You're right, they only give out enough light to be able to find them. ;) Someone gave me 2 that are kinda creepy little kids holding lanterns... I keep hoping they are going to die soon... but they just keep on lighting up.

I ordered one of the Mr. Beams spot lights to try out. Since it's battery and not solar - perhaps it will work in the early morning. That's my biggest concern. I can often arrainge my evening so that all my work is done by the time it's good and dark. But in the pre-dawn I'm heading out with 30-45 mins of work before the sun comes up. I'd love to not have to tote the flashlight... and remember to bring it back.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Keep us informed. I've got the same problem. If I want to go to the gym early, I'm not there to let the birds out when it is light. The birds stay inside their cooop until the sky lights up.

Add ice to the dark and I'm risking life and limb to lock them up or open the door in the morning.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I think that non electric lighting in any form is SOOOO exciting!! DH and I are doing home repairs and we just saw a recent This Old House where their electrician was changing out a ceiling light where the old one used a pull cord and, as the owner lived in a condo and shared the ceiling with a neighbor above, running wiring was really difficult. The answer was installing an additional hard wired electrode that sends a signal to a switch on the wall and the switch doesn't even need batteries to send the on circuit and off circuit signal. Although we Could rewire our 3 2nd floor ceiling lights, it would also be difficult, so I'm looking for this piece when we redo the ceiling lights this year. We have worn out ceramic lighting like this:
https://www.lightingdirect.com/jere...=pla&CAAGID=15604848449&CATCI=pla-73549827697
and I don't want to replace with the same.
Here is what they used:
https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-WSS10-UZ-LevNet-Advanced-Receiver/dp/B0050T2PY0
When you think about it, every one of these inventions marches us closer to alternative energy that really works. ALL of the new products is an experiment and the products keep getting better.

Latest posts