Solar path lights

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Motions sensitive lights work well for us, the ones that come on when it gets dark last even better. using extension cord is OK, in the short term. Putting the cord or better yet Romax, in buried PVC is best,and hard wired to a water proof box. You might have a friend who could do that or maybe you can. (If I were there)

All the Solar lights I've taken apart have rechargeable batteries in them.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score

I'm tempted to get this just for the amusement factor. I can just imagine what I'd look like - not only am I out before dawn in my pj's wearing huge, green muck boots, but add a light on top of my 'bed hair'..
funny[1].gif

The animals wouldn't care one bit of course. And there's no one around to see. But it would make me giggle just for the fact of how insane I'd look.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
It's good to study up on solar lighting and alternatives. Batteries are great but what will it cost to replace them if you use that light every night? That is why I am sold on solar lighting. The ones that are lower light don't need replacing until several years go by and a 4 pack of replacement batteries runs less than $5.
Some of them have tops that unscrew to replace the battery, some of them have small screws that you unscrew to replace the batteries. There are VERY low maintenance, and I don't have to pay the electric company to use them. Let us know what you do.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
If anyone buys this, report back. I'm thinking I might use it. Curious how bright it would be. LED is a good thing.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
If anyone buys this, report back. I'm thinking I might use it. Curious how bright it would be. LED is a good thing.

Buys what?

The batteries in the Mr. Beams path lights have lasted 3 years and still going.
I have only changed out one set so far and that was a few weeks ago.
Not bad for AA I think.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Amish here use them. Just curious on that particular one. $10, how good can it be?

Latest posts