Some garden pics

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
4grandbabies said:
Southern Gardener said:
Very nice pics. Next year I'm going to trellis my cukes. What kind of kitty are you growing? :lol:
Thanks for the compliments, I have seen far better on here!! As far as the kitty.....once upon a time, my grandaughter had a boy kitty that was playing outside, and a bad old fox came along... kitty was so injured that even with many$ spent and lots of vet care, kitty died. Grandaughter grieved until she was almost sick, so they finally got another kitty for her-a girl- from the pound, well this one did not get spayed fast enough, so she had 4 and in the process of getting them spayed (takes a lot of $$$$) along came 7 more, of which 5 of them got new homes...(very begrudgingly -grandaughter wanted them all)so now we are down to seven kitties, 3 with spaying appointments.. as far as what kind.. they are a mix of a pound momma and a neighbor tom. one thing, we are getting less and less moles ,voles, small snakes and even (sob) a few bunnies ..now if they just tackle the ground hogs before they get too big to handle, our garden will be safe. (oh, and I know the math dont add up, 2 kitties passed away. The keepes are all healthy, and are getting shots...we are TRYing to be responsible, but it sure is costly, even for 2 households joined.
I know-too much information
Cute story "grandbabies :) . I can relate...my kids collected cats, and even tho' my horse vet was kind enough to spay and neuter them at a nice discount (on my kitchen table I might add! ) it can get spendy. But as aggravating as they sometimes are, they really keep the rodents down.

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
4grandbabies said:
Southern Gardener said:
Very nice pics. Next year I'm going to trellis my cukes. What kind of kitty are you growing? :lol:
Thanks for the compliments, I have seen far better on here!! As far as the kitty.....once upon a time, my grandaughter had a boy kitty that was playing outside, and a bad old fox came along... kitty was so injured that even with many$ spent and lots of vet care, kitty died. Grandaughter grieved until she was almost sick, so they finally got another kitty for her-a girl- from the pound, well this one did not get spayed fast enough, so she had 4 and in the process of getting them spayed (takes a lot of $$$$) along came 7 more, of which 5 of them got new homes...(very begrudgingly -grandaughter wanted them all)so now we are down to seven kitties, 3 with spaying appointments.. as far as what kind.. they are a mix of a pound momma and a neighbor tom. one thing, we are getting less and less moles ,voles, small snakes and even (sob) a few bunnies ..now if they just tackle the ground hogs before they get too big to handle, our garden will be safe. (oh, and I know the math dont add up, 2 kitties passed away. The keepes are all healthy, and are getting shots...we are TRYing to be responsible, but it sure is costly, even for 2 households joined.
I know-too much information
I can relate also grandbabies - my dogs cost me a lot money, but I love them to pieces. My 13 year old is in renal failure and has to have 3 different meds and subcutaneous injections every other day - all because of a vets horrible error. :(

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They do become family!! That vet should provide health care for yours free Southern gardner!!

Latest posts