Some of my Crafts

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nice work Lavender2! I'm trying to build a customer base.... I had an etsy account but closed it because I wasnt selling anything. If I get orders for an item I make it as a special order... made to order I guess you would say. That way I dont have a bunch of stuff sitting around. I have very limited space right now.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice work, Lavender2! You could open your own store for all that you have done. I think the memory bears are wonderful.

Last edited:

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very nice! So many talented people here on TEG. I love the idea of the memory bears- what a sweet way to remember a loved one...

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You have way more patience than I do! My mom is an avid knitter and quite good at it in my opinion. I tried to knit but I couldn't sit that long. I like doing things that I can make up my own way of doing them- like cooking (NOT baking), gardening, raising chickens.....

My mom does crochet, beautiful afghans! I'm not real fond of hand sewing of any sort. I have sewed most of my life, made my own wedding dress, and 5 bridesmaid dresses - finished up the veil the night before the big day. :eek: I design/create a lot of my items or change patterns to fit my speedy sewing technique, it's pretty much pedal to the metal for me!
After cooking for 12 kids for 26 years, the kitchen is not my favorite place. :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mom does crochet, beautiful afghans! I'm not real fond of hand sewing of any sort. I have sewed most of my life, made my own wedding dress, and 5 bridesmaid dresses - finished up the veil the night before the big day. :eek: I design/create a lot of my items or change patterns to fit my speedy sewing technique, it's pretty much pedal to the metal for me!
After cooking for 12 kids for 26 years, the kitchen is not my favorite place. :D

Uh... did you have TWELVE children ?!?! Or a daycare? How did you ever find time to craft or garden?

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nice work Lavender2! I'm trying to build a customer base.... I had an etsy account but closed it because I wasnt selling anything. If I get orders for an item I make it as a special order... made to order I guess you would say. That way I dont have a bunch of stuff sitting around. I have very limited space right now.

Thank you! I wish you luck! ...and I hope you get to do shows at some point, it is challenging but really a lot of fun. That is the drawback of sewing, if you do 5 consecutive weekend shows you can't just go home and whip up a lot more inventory. Special orders are nice, you know it is sold and you have a deadline to get it done... that helps with my procrastination. I made up my own business cards and make sure to include a couple with all my sales. I have never tried to sell online, not sure that I would want to deal with all the shipping... although my family has nudged me, often. :rolleyes:

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Uh... did you have TWELVE children ?!?! Or a daycare? How did you ever find time to craft or garden?

:D ... Licensed daycare. I LOVE kids, but no I'm not that crazy. We have 3, 2-S and 1-D.... and 5 grands (all under the age of 7! ) They are SO much fun!

I have absolutely no idea how I found time! I do remember sewing until midnight sometimes. :eek: I only did a couple of shows when I was working (I retired almost 8 years ago). And my kids helped out a lot, taught at an early age to pull their own weight. But, yeah, since I retired I have thought many times - how in the world did I do all this and work 11 hours a day! :hide