Some of my Crafts

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is NOT for sales, I do local shows only and do not sell online. This is my hobby and I really would like to keep it that way... :) As a crafter, I am always looking for new things to make, so please feel free to add your crafty ideas that you would like to share, or crafts you have found that you would like to make.

My interest and skill is mostly in textiles/sewing, although I've been known to dabble in a few others.
Here's a few pics ...

Quilted paperback book covers, and kids aprons and pot holder sets- second pic is quilted bible covers-

Picture 8888.jpg Picture 5353.jpg

Pot holders and table runners -

Picture 8896.jpg Picture 7168.jpg

Jewelry pouches - this idea has been around a while but still sell pretty well.

Picture 6100.jpg

I call these pot rugs - made with cotton clothesline and 1" strips of fabric, and a basket (I've made a few of these and they take a looong time! )

Picture 6315.jpg Picture 6318.jpg

Recycled denim baby floor quilts and bag (that's my niece)

CIMG6879.JPG Picture 165.jpg

More later - I better post this before I goof it up and lose it, I'm a LOT faster with a sewing machine! :D

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice work. I have seen those pot rug type coils before, and kind of wondered about them. they look great the way you have them, and good choice of color combos, too!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@curly_kate - Thanks! If you have any experience in sewing, simple square quilts go pretty fast. I usually use 5-6" squares (4-5" finished- 1/2" seams if I'm using denim) and turn the backing to the top to finish, instead of time consuming binding. Stitch in the ditch to finish - if I stick to it, I can easily have a good size quilt done in about a week.

@Wishin' - Thanks also! Google 'clothesline baskets' and you will really drool ... :D I made a few other cool ones but they sold before I thought to get pics, dangit!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nice work. I have seen those pot rug type coils before, and kind of wondered about them. they look great the way you have them, and good choice of color combos, too!

Thank you! The pot rugs are fun to make, not real difficult once you get the hang of it. It takes about 25' of clothesline for about an 8" rug. Although they take about 45 min. to an hour to make, cost is under a buck + fabric scraps. I turn under the edge of the fabric as I wrap it to get a more finished look, rather than the frayed edges (if that makes sense). The most difficult part is starting and finishing at the end, but it gets easier after you make a bunch. They sell very well at $8 - $10 (I also make some oval shaped ones now), holiday and fall colors were a big hit! I got a lot of requests for coasters too, maybe next year. I would like to make more baskets. Oh, and you must use the cotton clothesline, not the vinyl (or whatever that is)

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Memory Bears are my favorite project to make. Unique and special keepsakes, and often difficult ... :hugs ... if you are not familiar with memory bears, they are a keepsake bear made from a loved ones clothing. I feel honored to make them and proud of my work :)

Picture 256.jpg IMG_2883.jpg
Picture 3948.jpg Picture 3972.jpg

Picture 7910.jpg Picture 7416.jpg
IMG_2874.jpg Picture 9231.jpg

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish I had taken photos of all the bears I have made over the years. All are special. All are stitched with love. One family had 6 children 10 grandchildren and 4 great grands. All got bears. 1st for Mom then for Dad. I see our pattern is different. My bears have gusseted heads and foot pads. YIKES those can be tricky! I will see if I can find a photo in my stash or take on of the bear I made DH.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You have way more patience than I do! My mom is an avid knitter and quite good at it in my opinion. I tried to knit but I couldn't sit that long. I like doing things that I can make up my own way of doing them- like cooking (NOT baking), gardening, raising chickens.....

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wish I had taken photos of all the bears I have made over the years. All are special. All are stitched with love. One family had 6 children 10 grandchildren and 4 great grands. All got bears. 1st for Mom then for Dad. I see our pattern is different. My bears have gusseted heads and foot pads. YIKES those can be tricky! I will see if I can find a photo in my stash or take on of the bear I made DH.

Yes, I would love to see yours!
I sort of got talked into making them and the first request was for large huggable bears. (My big ones are 15"sitting, and I now make 3 sizes) I found a simple pattern and tweak it for the detail I need. I like the gusseted bears, I just don't think I would have the patience to stick with making so many of them with a difficult pattern. (I should have mentioned, the pockets hanging on them are for a picture. oops)

The last photo - the bears were for a family of 14 (adult siblings). The 6 dad bears were from 1 suit,1 tie, and 1 pair of jeans (all they had left of his clothing- that was tricky!), and the mom bears were mostly from dresses she had worn for their weddings.

They are all special, and it was hard to choose photos to post, I have made a bunch too!

Latest posts