Some of my new daylilies for you to see

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
God I love your daylilies Cat!

Are you planting crossed seeds with the results in mind? Do you sell any of the bulbs? Those frill edged ones are very special, and so are the mostly red multi colored ones.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
As an artist I think I make my crosses differently from the pros. I look at them as a watercolor and try to envision the color blends as well as the cross of form. I have been doing this for 20 years or so. I have crossed many generations by now and of course keep adding the newest cultivars to my parent collections. I got many one year old seedlings to bloom last summer which is a big gain for me. It used to take 3-4 years for the first bloom. The new cultivars are very expensive so I have my husband to reign me in with my spending. We also do need to eat and keep warm, I guess. The ones I post are new seedlings that are not plentiful enough for sale. I have sold plants for about 3 years and each year my sales are increasing. I have sold to a couple Forum members! I want to make enough money to pay for weeding help as my dream has gotten a bit bigger than me! I also need to add cultivars from the pros to keep my crosses evolving. I am going to be on the town garden tour next summer so I think it will help to increase my business. I don't want the selling to get bigger than my joy of the hybridizing. But I guess I'll throw a party the year that I break even. We are working on a website but it slow in the making. Thanks for your interest!
marshallsmyth said:
God I love your daylilies Cat!

Are you planting crossed seeds with the results in mind? Do you sell any of the bulbs? Those frill edged ones are very special, and so are the mostly red multi colored ones.

dandelionchick

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Oh they are just gorgeous! I love daylilies too! I'm always sad when I see the last daylily season blooms fade away. I need more daylilies! :)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat cross pollinates the flowers and grows the seeds!

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow :ep those lilies are gorgeous. To bad I don't have space, I would love the white ones you mentioned.

Latest posts