Somehow, It's Funny that Way

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I believe that in quite a few languages the words describing greens and blues require an adjective for subtle distinctions :).

Do we still have US cities with horizontal traffic lights with red yellow green, left to right?

These are the downtowns I remember from my early years :).

ztroyNY.jpg

Probably a traffic light there in the distance ... BTW, this was colorized but it's still the way I remember them :D. And, have you noticed that old black & white photos maintain the clarity better with the color pictures becoming a mess after a few years?

Steve

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
For for the benefit of the 4.5% of the population who are color-blind, red at the top and green at the bottom is the universally accepted traffic light pattern.
I assume this is also why, despite the fact that we probably now have the LED tech to do so, no one has proposed putting in a single light that can change colors (and would probably be more energy efficient than three)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I assume this is also why, despite the fact that we probably now have the LED tech to do so, no one has proposed putting in a single light that can change colors (and would probably be more energy efficient than three)

with LEDs they could put a big R Y or G in the light field at a brighter or lesser amount so that it wouldn't be solely based upon color.