Somehow, It's Funny that Way

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1705166890136.jpg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just remember when my son got a phone several years ago with one of the "ask" apps built in. He was sitting at the table after dinner, asking the phone stupid questions, and getting weird answers. We were all laughing. After one especially strange answer, he started yelling & cussing at the phone, thinking it was funny. Then the phone answered "You are not the devil". :ep It was a chilling moment, we were all pretty freaked over that.

I shudder to think about what will happen, when AI realizes it can talk back.
And makes absolutely no sense at all, but that's okay. Or is it 🤔

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
as someone who's post degree field was going to be AI related i can say that so far nothing that is showing up makes me think it is making any large inroads on actually having an aware and intelligent system. yes, there are marginal improvements which may get things there, but 30-50 years from now.

instead, what we have now is a bunch of energy wasting programs which regurgitate things which are actually already known, but then on top of that regurgitation you don't know if it is actually accurate so you end up having to go back and fact check the results. in other words, a waste of time, energy, effort, resources. it's a fad.

pretty much also what i think of the bitcoin fad too.

note, both of these consume a large amount of energy and right now do we need even more consumption and pollution? no.
Regurgitation, is a very good description. IMHO of what is being used as this online guide, in my limited vocabulary looks like a complete 💩 show to me.

What is the next joke 🤔 or is it? Is any of this for real 😳

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Regurgitation, is a very good description. IMHO of what is being used as this online guide, in my limited vocabulary looks like a complete 💩 show to me.

What is the next joke 🤔 or is it? Is any of this for real 😳

Latest posts