Somehow, It's Funny that Way

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am still considering if I should build a hive next year.
FB_IMG_1664559499929.jpg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
hahahaha! i've not had that one but one where i'm taking a test and then i go back to redo something and i can't find the question or the answer i wrote and then i get mad and frustrated and wake up. brains are funny things...
My version of that is sort of a sequential dream (in that it isn't the same dream every time, but each dream is linked to the ones before). It's sort of being stuck in an alternate timeline where I DID somehow manage to get my way into Graduate School, and am even more terrified, depressed, and anxious than I was in real life in college (and that was a real rough period for me in real life).

I'm hiding out in an unused dorm room. I can't go to my actual apartment, which I share with 20 other people, because it's infested with rats and mice that no one else seems to be bothered about.
This also means I can't get any mail or care packages from home.

I have lost all my current possessions because I accidentally locked the door to the last unused dorm room I was squatting in and, not being the official resident, I don't have a key. So I just wander around the grounds completely submerged in despair.

It's much like the version of the "Naked in School Dream" I had. They call all of my honors class (all seven of us) into the nurses office and tell us that, as the top students we need to set a good example for the rest of the school by receiving some sort of inoculation first. I'm the first one up. I strip down to my underwear to prepare for the pre-injection physical, and it is only THEN I noticed that the other six members are still in the room.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A step-back-in-time dream this morning.

My dream was that I had returned to school and was taking a directed study and meeting the professor for the first time.

He was a very animated person but focused on the discipline, not quite an "absent minded professor" but close :D. I thought, I'm really gonna learn something from this guy!

He left and I returned to my dorm room. In real life, I never lived on campus but there I was, needing to adjust to a new living arrangement. I gathered my dirty clothes to head off to the laundry. Opening the door, carrying this big basket, I nearly run into the professor. In fact, I did bump into him!!

On top of the basket are several dirty dish towels and I'm thinking that it looks like I'm carrying a load of dirty cloth diapers!

Embarrassed, I wake up.

😯 Steve

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, at least that was a DREAM. My REAL LIFE physic's professor, as part of trying to "help me" with my emotional problems (which I hadn't asked for). tried to get me on psych meds WITHOUT first being seen by a medical professional, and expressed an interest in seeing me undergo electro-convulsive therapy (not because I needed it, but because he had always wanted to see someone undergo it).

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mom got out of doing the dishes at night. the past week i've found several spoons in the silverware thingy (caddy, tray, whatever you'd call it) that were not fully clean and so i mentioned them to her since she was saying that she would do them at night and while sometimes i would do them other times i won't.

so last night i told her i'd do them and we were joking about how easy it was for her to get out of doing that chore and that she should have thought of this years and years ago. :)

i'm quite happy to do them, i'll put it on my nightly routine. no big deal once i know it's my task. i do much better not sharing tasks most of the time anyways as then there are no complications and my mind just puts it on the list and i can avoid all the overhead of wondering if it will get done and when and all that sort of stuff.

when Mom cooks a lot i tend to do a lot of the dishes for her too because it helps her out and i'm here to do that anyways, so no issue with me as long as i don't already have other plans - the big thing is that i just would like to know so i can include it in my task list instead of being surprised later on.

Latest posts