Somehow, It's Funny that Way

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210909-194856_kindlephoto-10961658.png

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you have a child that doesn't like carrots, i found out today that you can eat carrots and Jr. Mints together and all you can taste is the Jr. Mints. so it's a big crunchy Jr. Mint.

when recipes say adjust to taste, well... :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
if you have a child that doesn't like carrots, i found out today that you can eat carrots and Jr. Mints together and all you can taste is the Jr. Mints. so it's a big crunchy Jr. Mint.

when recipes say adjust to taste, well... :)
Horses would love those

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Horses would love those

i've never known a horse that doesn't like a carrot. i used to visit the landlord's horse at the fence and give him carrots. i felt sorry that it didn't have much for companionship or anyone paying any attention to it all the time. there were some mini-goats in there but they were not really companions. they also liked carrots and came to visit me on my porch any time they escaped so the landlord would know where to find them when i called saying they got out again.

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i've never known a horse that doesn't like a carrot. i used to visit the landlord's horse at the fence and give him carrots. i felt sorry that it didn't have much for companionship or anyone paying any attention to it all the time. there were some mini-goats in there but they were not really companions. they also liked carrots and came to visit me on my porch any time they escaped so the landlord would know where to find them when i called saying they got out again.
Do you still see that horse ?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Horses would love those
Isn't chocolate bad for horses? or is that just cats and dogs?

Once on a trip when I was young my parents took me to a place where they had ponies to ride. They were backed up, so I spent my time feeding the horses random bits of field I could pick outside their paddock. One of them LOVED the wild chamomile flowers just out of reach, so I fed it a LOT of them. Then they said that since they were backed up, they'd use a full grown horse as opposed to a pony. Guess which horse they chose? That was the smoothest horse ride I ever went on, since that horse was so mellowed out on chamomile.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pulsegleaner...the smooth ride is not due to the chamomile , but due to the structure, length, and angle of the pastern bone of the legs.( their suspention system). Ponies and draft breed horses have short, steep pasterns so their gait is short and choppy. While hot breed horses such as Arab, TB, Tennesee walkers, etc. have long, sloping pasterns giving a much smoother ride. :old

Latest posts