Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
murder kittens...

cats.png

credit: @meowed

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just gave one Leghorn hen a bath. She made herself almost into a black chicken overnight.

Leghorn is such a nervous and ultra sensitive breed, but she was calm during the process, or she is completely stunned? The way she looked at me is also funny.
P_20230212_142333_1.jpg

Now is white and fluffy again~
P_20230212_142215.jpg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just found a funny package of seeds...

I can't understand what I wrote in the past. 🤣
View attachment 55091
This reminds me of a funny story.
There are a FEW places (mostly florists) in the NYC Chinatowns that actually DO sell seed packets (as do a few supermarkets) A decent number of those DO have pictures on the front, so I can work out what the contents are. But at last one brand (probably imported FROM China) used a generic packet with the contents written on the label in Chinese ONLY, which mean that, since I can't read Chinese, I could never be sure of the packet contents (and often, the owner didn't speak good enough English to be able to tell me).

Then, one day, I lucked out and one of the Children's book lots I bought online contained a preschool book on vegetables with the words next to the pictures. So from then on, I just put the book in my backpack when I was going, flipped to the picture of the veggie I wanted, and matched up the characters, so I ended up throwing out a lot less seed mistakes.

It also helped a bit to know the families and what the seed SHOULD look like more or less for the privatly packed stuff (like the person who was selling sandwich baggies of seed for ong choi.)

Latest posts