Somehow, It's Funny that Way

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I also wish I could break her of her "Can I take that in for you?/What is this?" habit. Not her offer to do so (that's fine) but her habit of grabbing for the item BEFORE the words get out of her mouth, often agitating them in the process (a problem when , for example, I have put a cup with some seeds down and am waiting for them to settle to the bottom so I can pour the fluid off.)

And, of course the time she asked me if she should throw out some spices...…..AFTER she had tossed them in the garbage pail! (fortunately, she tossed them out IN their plastic bags, so I was able to retrieve them.)
I'm so pleased I live alone

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
haha! yep, same sort of things here too. i think in many ways it is because we are so alike so we want to be in the same spaces at the same time.

my worst experience of this was when i was up on the counter helping clean up the stuff up on the shelves above the cabinets that needed dusting and when i was done i told Mom to not move and jumped down and she picked that time to move to right where i was jumping so in mid-air i had to twist to avoid her and landed on my chest on the wooden floor. i'm lucky i didn't break my neck but bruised ribs weren't much fun for a while after that.
I'm pleased you weren't badly hurt.
In saying that, I so wish you'd had a video of that. Sorry
now what i try to do is to really make sure that she won't move or i ask her to go someplace else entirely. it's a lot safer. also now we have a joke where i'll make beeping noises so she knows where i am at if i'm behind her and she's doing better at telling me she's behind me.

like you when we get back from going out there's usually take-out and i'm really hungry so i want to eat too and Mom is also hungry so we put away the frozen and cold stuff and then eat and then finish up putting away the rest of the things after that.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
zvowels.png

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Actually, I think my printer is WORSE than my cat. My cat doesn't automatically lose it's connection to the net when turned on (and need to be manually unplugged and re-plugged to get it to actually print) nor is is unable to recognize when it is DONE printing and send the message back to the computer (and, until I does, that document is still at the top of the queue, blocking the printing of all other ones. And if you try to delete it, it can't find it (since it's already done) and therefore freezes the deletion, which won't correct itself until the computer has been turned off and unplugged for several HOURS (at least, I've seen things get stuck there for MONTHS.)

Latest posts