Spring wants to come

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I walked around the flower beds today. I see spring wants to come. Pardon the leaves we did not get up before the 1st early snow. Time to get out and clean those beds so we can enjoy the blooms …. SOON :)

100_3827.JPG

The columbine
100_3825.JPG

The Vinca vine
100_3824.JPG

Snow on the mountain (Dog has tromped off the left side, time to replace fence.
100_3823.JPG

Naked Ladies a.k.a. Surprise lilies
100_3822.JPG

Cranesbill Geranium
100_3819.JPG

The Iris got nipped in last cold spell, they will be fine.
100_3817.JPG

Dafodills
100_3816.JPG

Mini daffodils

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Spring has cracked the door here as well! I poked around and some of my perennials are pushing up. The tulips are about four inches high and the Snowdrops are about done blooming. Walked around the garden today and the snow is gone from all but the southwest corner. Tomatoes and peppers are enjoying sun camp out on the patio table right now.
Got some New Yorker seeds, and Cream of Saskatchewan watermelon seeds in the mailbox yesterday from @Collector .
Thanks Collector! Yay spring!

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I walked around the flower beds today. I see spring wants to come. Pardon the leaves we did not get up before the 1st early snow. Time to get out and clean those beds so we can enjoy the blooms …. SOON :)

View attachment 34719
The columbine
View attachment 34720
The Vinca vine
View attachment 34721
Snow on the mountain (Dog has tromped off the left side, time to replace fence.View attachment 34722
Naked Ladies a.k.a. Surprise lilies
View attachment 34723
Cranesbill GeraniumView attachment 34724
The Iris got nipped in last cold spell, they will be fine. View attachment 34725
Dafodills
View attachment 34726
Mini daffodils
The most beautiful season ever!! those are just brilliant. very lovely indeed. :D:D:D:D

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
My spring looks a little different from yours Carol.

I pulled this Chard today. Caterpillars have chewed it up. I've enjoyed it much of the winter and I could have sprayed it with BT but I pulled it and planted Bush Beans. When it is time it is time.

Chard.jpg

I also pulled these Collard B+Greens today, we had them last night and they were strong. I guess our days in the 80's are taking a toll. I planted pole beans here.

Strong Collard.jpg

My pansies are frying in the front landscaping bed (no photo). Have not decided what I'll put there.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have many trees in bloom...the Bradford Pear are just stunning this year. My peach trees are in bloom but I haven't seen a single pollinator....not one yet. Daffodils are in bloom, forsythia in golden sprays of lovely and tulip and dogwood trees in splendor.

My peonies have even poked above the ground and my two lonely rhubarb plants each had a seed pod on them today. We had a mild winter and spring is pretty much firmly here...we'll have some cold rains and maybe even a few nippy mornings, but I don't think we'll have any snow or frost any longer.

Got a broody in the coop, waiting on some eggs to sit....just need to get a place ready for her. Will likely give her a whole nest full of duck eggs, just for funzies.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It was 84* here today. I had blooms on my pear tree for the first time! Red & white clover is up & blooming. My apple trees are leaving out. Sadly my fig trees must have taken a frost this year. I'll have to cut them back and let them regrow. They were getting so big. :(

Latest posts