Storm and flood!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was thinking about you Bay when I heard about Bill. Like you need more rain. Even if you are far enough inland that the winds aren't that bad those things can spawn tornadoes, especially on the wet northeast side. Usually those are small tornadoes, not the big ones that are so destructive, but still they are tornadoes. You hunker down and pay attention.

The last I saw the computer models have the remnants headed up here where @Kassaundra and I live. They are only projecting 5" of rain here as if I need more right now. Now if it were August I'd be wanting it.
Last I heard they are predicting an additional 5-7 inches just from Bill for us, on top of the 3-5 we already got this week (and are still getting) before Bill actually gets here, on top of the insane amounts we have received over the past month. All our waterways are over flood stage, some 2 digets over.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our gift from Bill will come Friday and Saturday. I think we got about 2 inches a couple nights ago, so the creeks are full. The Mississippi is expected to crest at its 9th highest in history.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We got over 3 from Bill in 1.5 days and over 6 for this week since Mond, all the waterways were already full and overflowing before this latest. Parts of OK got over 10 just from Bill, and over 7 of that in less then 12 hours.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
My contribution from Bill was 2.8", mostly from 5:00 pm to the middle of the night, but I'd had rain practically every day the previous week that totaled an additional 2.4". My ground is soaked but the rain should have stopped for a few days. Maybe Sunday but probably Monday before I can get back in the garden and try to get my final seed in. And yes, the weeds have taken over. It's a mess.

Still, no real damage to me, just an inconvenience. Our private road didn't even wash that badly so I was lucky compared to many.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We got another 2.75" this morning. That's almost six inches in three days. In the desert. I've lost track, but I think we are around 40 inches this year so far and our 'rainy' season is yet to come in the fall.

Latest posts