Storm and flood!

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
OMG! But I am with Nyboy in this neck of the woods. We need rain badly. Looks like we may get a good dump of it this afternoon, but we need a few days of constant, soaking rain.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I left TX hill country back in 1994. Went up to KS/MO.
Hope y'all made it trough the floods and wild weather ok! :hugs

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Bay, we had sunshine today and have stars and moon tonight. I had forgotten those existed!

Only today did I see this photo a friend had posted. It is from last summer's tornado that hit our place taken from about 40 miles away.

upload_2015-5-31_21-43-40.jpeg

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
:ep i'm glad we don't get tornadoes around here like down there. the last huge one we had tore through the lakes region was in 2008. did some massive damage to the Alton Bay area. that is the closest we've ever had a tornado strike to my area. we've had micro-bursts that knock trees but this ripped apart homes. usually tiny tornadoes may hover over Keene area but not much destruction. and since then we get warnings when there are high winds that could cause them.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
So after all the rains, floods and more rains, the sun came out with a vengeance. Most everything I have has scalded. Sigh...... Weeds surpassed my wildest expectations with abundant growth. Being a first year garden claimed from raw land, the soil needs more help than I was able to give it, will take time to build it up.

And now we have tropical storm Bill coming in, predicting 12 inches of rain in the very areas that have already been flooded. Like we need more.

We are on the east side, the dirty side, where more rain gets dumped. We may be far enough from the eye of the storm to not feel it's full effects. But there are many right in it's path. Y'all hunker down.

I guess Bill will finish off what is left of my garden. Except for the peas, calico and pink eye purple hulls, they are growing like crazy.

@flowerweaver how are you doing?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was thinking about you Bay when I heard about Bill. Like you need more rain. Even if you are far enough inland that the winds aren't that bad those things can spawn tornadoes, especially on the wet northeast side. Usually those are small tornadoes, not the big ones that are so destructive, but still they are tornadoes. You hunker down and pay attention.

The last I saw the computer models have the remnants headed up here where @Kassaundra and I live. They are only projecting 5" of rain here as if I need more right now. Now if it were August I'd be wanting it.