Storm and flood!

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We are all OK. North crossing of our road finally open, but our crossing in my photo still closed. The 2002 and 2004 floods took away anything this high in the flood plain, so I haven't heard of much new damage here.There was one loss of life here, but I have no details. My heart goes out to those east of us, and in the big cities of San Antonio and Austin all of which have never seen this kind of flooding and have suffered huge damage and loss of life.

Our creek looks like a tank went through, but the Scarlet Leathflower clematises are still there and blooming as if nothing has happened. That's one amazing plant. Our farm is somewhat waterlogged, but the LEBN will be glad to know the beans are doing fine, having been surrounded on both sides by rushing torrents.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was texting with DD last nite north of Little Rock. That same rotation was aiming for them. It fizzed at about 9i'sh her time.

Funny that the specifics on GMA are of a general nature for TX and OK. and not much in the Sacto Bee either.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We got another 1.6" last night, the crossings are closed. The soil is so saturated any amount of rain will again cause flooding. We got more rain today, I haven't gone out to check the gauge again. I read that we've had enough rain to cover the entire state of Texas with 8" of water!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We got another 1.6" last night, the crossings are closed. The soil is so saturated any amount of rain will again cause flooding. We got more rain today, I haven't gone out to check the gauge again. I read that we've had enough rain to cover the entire state of Texas with 8" of water!
Scary stuff. And then there are parts of the country still suffering drought.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We got 3/4" yesterday. Shhh.... there is a weird bright thing in the sky..... reckon it might be a UFO? Or maybe a big shiny drone?