Storm blowing in

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've just been trying to figure out our next storm which may already be over Vancouver Island. If that's it - it isn't much bigger than what showed up here y'day about noon and what just blew thru about 4am. Yeah, when I got up it was snowing again.

It looks to me that your storm will not be what comes here. That storm will probably just blow straight east. The cold air after the storm must be heading south more generally and into Bob's backyard :rolleyes:. No records, that's for sure, but 10 promised for later in the week here.

Yesterday, the snow changed quickly to "almost rain" and that was kind of scary because it was 28f! I don't believe it warmed above 30 so good (!) that it was a small storm cloud that blew on into Montana. This morning, same story with the 2nd storm cloud, good (!) that it's Saturday and the kids are out of school and so many people can stay home or choose their time to get to the mall ;).

The dog got up and down the back steps on 4 legs. Imma hoping that the warmer air gets here soon and then we will see what our 100% chance of rain/snow looks like tomorrow. I can testify that our ground is frozen to about 8". I couldn't get our latest bucket of compostables into a garden bed here at home - had to dig out the "secret" compost bin under the deck outside the chicken coop. It's alright tho'. I've got room under there for 1 more bucket & the old compost now on top looks just short of good potting soil.

Much rain ~ and I don't think that'll happen ~ and we will have flooding. Folks are starting to adjust to icy roads, it seems. It takes a couple of winter storms and we have had a little for practice.

Steve :)

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ug. Our weather looks horrible. Rain, snow, wind. Rain, snow, wind. REPEAT! Yesterday everything was covered with the thickest layer of ice - we have an inversion still, and it has just been precipitating out freezing fog over the entire valley. The ER was madness yesterday, i've never seen it so full. Besides all the post holiday stomach aches and chest pains, there was a kabillion (more than a billion) slip and falls. Glad i'm not on call at all this weekend, now on top of the ice we're getting a bunch of snow. Our newspaper called it "black ice friday" but i think its going to be "black ice saturday, sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday" too!!!

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
long cold spell coming here on thurs. the nights will freeze for the foreseeable future. no precip. to speak of. ugh. I'm going to have to carry water to my chickens and goats for a few days. not fun.

Latest posts