Straight Men And Bed Linens

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I never make my bed. I see no reason to since I'll be in it again in a couple hours.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Bed gets made more often than not however its not an automatic. When you work 12s and share a bed its often not made because my wife is still in it.

I knew what all those terms were except for the little B (french sounding) pillow.

As far as your nephew goes, its 1 thing to be ignorant its another to be educated yet choose not to make the bed. Masculinity is a piss poor excuse for ignorance. And you can tell him as much ;)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I never make my bed. I see no reason to since I'll be in it again in a couple hours.

That's what my boys have always said. I guess that could apply to all of one's life if you think about it....why eat? You'll only get hungry again in a few hours. If you do eat, why clean up the pots and pans and dishes, as if you choose to eat again in a few hours they'll just get dirty again. Same with the rest of the house...why clean? It will just get dirty again. Same with showering oneself....sure will get dirty again soon, so why bother?

Why work and earn any money to pay bills? You'll just rack up more bills and they'll need paid again next month. Why give birthday greetings or gifts...they'll just keep having those things and you'll have to do it all over again next year.

Why do anything, for that matter? You'll just have to do it again in a matter of hours~poop, pee, brush your teeth, go to work, go to school, fill the gas tank of the car, make ANY payment for anything, cut the grass, wash the car, wash anything at all....it will soon enough be dirty again.

I guess one makes the bed because that's life. Most of life is doing things we'll just have to do again in a few hours. Why should making the bed be any different? It's just good practice for the rest of the day's repetitive actions, if you think about it.

Or, if one is tired of the repetitive things in life, NOT making the bed is an act of rebellion against all that sameness...a taking control of one aspect of it and saying, "At least in this area, I have control over NOT doing the same thing over and over...today I choose to just leave one thing undone, infinity, so that I have one less hopeless, never ending task to face."

Or, one simply doesn't think at all and they like not having to think about that...getting up, lying down again...without any steps in between.

Different strokes, huh? :D

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have always left an open bed. It allows for the moisture from sweating bodies overnight, to evaporate.

How many do this anymore, when I was young beds were made first thing in the morning then top sheet and blanket/bedspread were folded back and the bed left to air for a couple of hours and then remade. Once a week top sheet replaced bottom sheet, bottom sheet was washed.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think it all is personal preference. As far as I am concerned, as long as there are no nasty things like bedbugs, too much sweat (DH is a night sweater), etc. I gave up on the total fight to keep a clean bed....he is a machinist working in an iron foundry machine shop. He also has questionable personal hygiene practices. Or lack there of. (Autism spectrum).....so....

Latest posts