Strawberries

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just google it. They approved apples last year that do not turn brown when cut. They had already been selling them for a couple of years. The little yellow summer squash that the grocery store sells, all exactly the same size, GMO. I read a list of about 40 new things last year.

I agree. I do not have links and proof, just things I have read over the years about GMO and pesticides and things. You can take that little squash that looks all the same and compare the nutrition to an organic squash and there is a difference. There is something in organic apples that is lost if pesticides are used, but I think that is also all vegetables. There is something about the GMO potatoes and stomach problems, but I don't remember. Here is something horrible. https://detoxproject.org/glyphosate/dna-damage/

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
This book is a darn good one to read. I have read it several times and get something new out of it each time I read it. It is some deep science, but put in plain enough terms that I can understand it. Get your soil right, eat the produce/eggs/meat from that soil and be healthy.

https://www.amazon.com/Minerals-Gen...locphy=200623&hvtargid=pla-565138237156&psc=1

I agree. When you read it takes 50 cups of spinach now to get same nutrition as 1950s then yes that might be soil from commercial farms but that should not be our own gardens, right?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree. When you read it takes 50 cups of spinach now to get same nutrition as 1950s then yes that might be soil from commercial farms but that should not be our own gardens, right?

I know I have a bad attitude but when I read something like that I think it's probably someone out to make money by selling books, getting someone to read their blog so they get advertisers, or maybe selling column-inches somewhere. Oh there might be a tiny bit of something to it, like an apple seed has arsenic in it so your chickens will die if they eat one apple seed. Well, an apple seed does have arsenic in it, but it's not enough to harm your chicken even if they eat several. It might be enough to do damage to a tiny insect eating that seed though. Still, fear sells and some people sell fear.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know I have a bad attitude but when I read something like that I think it's probably someone out to make money by selling books, getting someone to read their blog so they get advertisers, or maybe selling column-inches somewhere. Oh there might be a tiny bit of something to it, like an apple seed has arsenic in it so your chickens will die if they eat one apple seed. Well, an apple seed does have arsenic in it, but it's not enough to harm your chicken even if they eat several. It might be enough to do damage to a tiny insect eating that seed though. Still, fear sells and some people sell fear.

it is the gleeful ignorance that makes me sad - not only are they going to damage themselves, but they're likely going to cause others to follow their mistakes putting more lives at risk. we're seeing that now with the measles outbreaks.