1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Butternut-Squash Discussion Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

stubbed toes and mud pies

Discussion in 'About Me & My Garden' started by flowerbug, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Oct 10, 2018
    flowerbug

flowerbug Garden Addicted

with all this rain, i've been doing something completely not garden related (yet :) ) learning another computer language. up to this point i've not had any reasons to learn it that got me motivated enough. with the newer computer that has some graphics capabilities i thought i'd find something to do not too hard, but something that also needed to be done.

i picked a game called gfpoken which is an adaptation of an old PC game called marbles. it was written in C and now i'm redoing it in Python.

the initial parts are now done, i just have saving/loading and configuration stuff to do and then i can clean it up and get it ready for the wider world (the code is actually already available to the wider world).

considering it's only taken me a few days of poking around to get this far i'm sure i can get the rest of it done sometime soon (but i don't have any deadline in mind).

as for garden related, some day i'll figure out some kind of program i want to do for the fun of it and do that too... ;)

2. Oct 11, 2018
    digitS'

digitS' Garden Master

And, here I'm getting into something of a panic that I still have not verified that I have replaced all aging tomato varieties seed.

Soon, I won't hardly be able to scrounge decaying fruit off the ground nor identify what plants it came from.

All this, knowing full well that the best seed should have been (it was) saved early in the season. I just have to go through the seed box and make sure that there is no 5+ year old seed in there with no other options.

Steve

flowerbug likes this.
  3. Oct 11, 2018
    flowerbug

i'm sure some of those seeds would still be viable. just have to figure out which ones. :)

we've had another few inches of rain here last night... we doanna need no more!

digitS' likes this.
  4. Oct 17, 2018 at 4:51 PM
    flowerbug

Thanks Bunches @Zeedman !!! :)

they're twice the size of this picture as it was taken in early September and it's been raining so much...

[​IMG]

5. Oct 17, 2018 at 4:57 PM
    flowerbug

a few of the decoration pics i took this season:

Stepping stones

[​IMG]

Zorro

[​IMG]