Stupid commercials

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know this will come across harsh, but they chose to start, they can also choose to quit.
Yes @thistlebloom , it does, but it's easy to be harsh and judgmental when you don't have the experience to know what you are talking about. Of course it's stupid to start, most of us were kids when we got hooked. How many kids avoid stupid in many ways? But it's not like just turning off a switch. It takes strength and willpower.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would think an insurance company would be happy to support a client in stopping smoking.

Think of Chantix as a purchase on CL. Something you just gotta have even if you can't afford it right now. :loveCan you afford NOT to try it?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
If your insurance company is complicit in you stopping smoking, they would seemingly benefit from fewer health claims in the future. So there must be some other reason. Besides the cost. Any ideas?
Maybe the company that makes Chantix refuses to bargain with the insurance companies, so they are being "punished." ??

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes @thistlebloom , it does, but it's easy to be harsh and judgmental when you don't have the experience to know what you are talking about. Of course it's stupid to start, most of us were kids when we got hooked. How many kids avoid stupid in many ways? But it's not like just turning off a switch. It takes strength and willpower.

That was harsh and judgmental?
So far everybody who has said they quit made the choice to quit.
You didn't hear me say it was easy.

And you don't even know me or what experiences I've had.

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pity, Nyboy. Of course, I suspect the only photos of me are to be found here on TEG. Better than with a smoke, but not much to look at since no one at home knows how to download them from here.