catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
7100_vincent.jpg

7100_sunflower.jpg

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice sunflowers. I planted some once and when they had been in bloom for a few days, they disappeared! Couldn't find any trace of the flower. Since my yard is totally fenced in and my neighbors are all older, I don't think it was a person who took it. :/

Mary

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You will get tons of seeds from those! Since it was so dry here, my flowers stayed very short and developed seeds way early. This was right on schedule as far as the squirrels were concerned....

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know of no animal that could take away the whole head. (bigfoot?) Seems like a human picked themselves a nice bouquet. I cannot imagine the boldness. A few years ago dried blue hydrangea were the rage for arrangements and very pricey. Businesses and homeowners were waking up to find all their blooms gone.
ninnymary said:
Nice sunflowers. I planted some once and when they had been in bloom for a few days, they disappeared! Couldn't find any trace of the flower. Since my yard is totally fenced in and my neighbors are all older, I don't think it was a person who took it. :/

Mary

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! My chickens cleaned out a head in minutes yesterday. Aren't they funny? Goldfinch love them so I leave many standing just for the bird show!
desertlady said:
catjac1975 said:
I give them to the chickens.
My chickens not too crazy about it!. I dont know why!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
So pretty! Something about a sunflower, even just a pic of one, that makes me feel instantly more cheerful. :)

I only had one this year, a big volunteer, and the "land hurricane" got it.

Latest posts