Sunflowers

Jewels19

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
To my surprise, my mini sunflowers are blooming already..I was hoping they would reach another ft or so before their first bloom..My Mammoth's are doing well too. They are around 12 ft or so at 2 months of age..I feed them my pond water and just give them lot's of attention..here are some pics, enjoy!

Mini sunflower (Lemon)
Lemon.jpg

l_f05e9fa2b6064e7a93d8e3b54e503ddc.jpg

Mammoth

As a wee baby..
m_28db36d9b4764800b28908c6e087a7fb.jpg

And now..
m_fd7c36dbf02e49fb94db9c5066629f19.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, they look adorable! I love all sunflowers. You don't know how lucky you are- we are on frost alert again, tonight. My sunflowers are up -but only about an inch! Enjoy them!

Jewels19

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
lesa said:
Oh, they look adorable! I love all sunflowers. You don't know how lucky you are- we are on frost alert again, tonight. My sunflowers are up -but only about an inch! Enjoy them!
Thanks hon! I'm in Florida. Currently we are getting tons of rain and our temps have cooled dramatically..The sunflowers seem to be enjoying it tho' I believe your babies should favor well..A bit of frost shouldn't hurt em' Maybe cover them if in doubt..When I started mine, we got an unexpected freeze..I was driving my husband insane all night..tossing and turning..worrying about my babies outside:lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh so pretty!!! Mine are so tiny right now, I have a long long long wait still on our sunflowers. They aren't even 6" tall yet, and they are supposed to get to about 4-5'.

Jewels19

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
davaroo said:
None of those mini sunflowers for me. Im growing "Skycrapers" and "BOSS" this time around.
I have my mini sunflowers growing in front of my Mammoths..it's very striking this way!:cool:

Jewels19

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem said:
Oh so pretty!!! Mine are so tiny right now, I have a long long long wait still on our sunflowers. They aren't even 6" tall yet, and they are supposed to get to about 4-5'.
Thanks! Sunflowers are my favorite out of the annuals..They always know how to cheer you up!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
One of my favorite sunflowers is the cucumber-leafed sunflowers. They remind me of a mythical 'Sun'.

mj8e88.jpg

Too Fun, Ron

Jewels19

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
One of my favorite sunflowers is the cucumber-leafed sunflowers. They remind me of a mythical 'Sun'.

http://i40.tinypic.com/mj8e88.jpg

Too Fun, Ron
Oh wow! I will have to look for some seeds! I don't think I've ever seen any around here tho'..Is this one that needs to be ordered?

I have to agree, the flower really does look "mythical" very nice indeed..

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ohhhhh how pretty!!! DH wont let me plant sunflowers in my garden or beds... he has worked at a sunflower processing plant for 16 years and says he is not going to look at the dang things at home too. I will enjoy yours, the lemon one is BEAUTIFUL!

Latest posts