Sunflowers

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can't wait to see my lemon Aura in bloom... they are supposed to have like exposed seeds to see... its like LOTS and LOTS of petals!

Jewels19

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
sparkles2307 said:
Ohhhhh how pretty!!! DH wont let me plant sunflowers in my garden or beds... he has worked at a sunflower processing plant for 16 years and says he is not going to look at the dang things at home too. I will enjoy yours, the lemon one is BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks hon! They sure do know how to cheer one up! Mine are all bending this way and that way..trying to find the sun! Poor sunflowers:(

Jewels19

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem said:
I can't wait to see my lemon Aura in bloom... they are supposed to have like exposed seeds to see... its like LOTS and LOTS of petals!
I just looked up a pic for one.. they're stunning! Please post pics when they bloom!

I got a pack of dwarf "Incredible" mix...I like how they only reach 20" and have a whopper of a bloom! I'm going to sow them today, rain or not! LOL

Says on the package, they are wonderful for pots and patios..

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
325x425.aspx

Wanted to do these to see my 2 year old's face when they actually bloom looming over her! LOL

Jewels19

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
So, I just got back from Home Depot and I bought every variety of sunflowers they had! LOL Going to make a sunflower house or something...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We've got a 4' x 4' bed that is all sunflowers... and I wanted to go out and photo them so you could see how they were doing... but my husband followed me out and played 100 questions in the veggie garden (Like HOW does a tomato plant get 4' tall?! He was freaked out.)

So that means I am headed back to to actually take pictures now since the sun is still up and I also forget to put up the chickens! ARGH! :barnie

Ok seriously, this idea of a sunflower house ROCKS!? Is it going to be like a fairy garden?! I wanted to do something like that for my daughter and put in log seats we cut and a branch bench or mushroom seats or something like fantasy like.

I HAVE to see this sunflower house to speak of? Are there any links you found online on how to do this?

Jewels19

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem said:
We've got a 4' x 4' bed that is all sunflowers... and I wanted to go out and photo them so you could see how they were doing... but my husband followed me out and played 100 questions in the veggie garden (Like HOW does a tomato plant get 4' tall?! He was freaked out.)

So that means I am headed back to to actually take pictures now since the sun is still up and I also forget to put up the chickens! ARGH! :barnie

Ok seriously, this idea of a sunflower house ROCKS!? Is it going to be like a fairy garden?! I wanted to do something like that for my daughter and put in log seats we cut and a branch bench or mushroom seats or something like fantasy like.

I HAVE to see this sunflower house to speak of? Are there any links you found online on how to do this?
Can't wait to see those pics! Umm I'm going to be creative and have the kids help. When the rain is over, we'll head into the yard and dig the area out..Not sure what all I'll plant around the sunflowers tho' A few sites suggested the Morning glories between the sunflowers, so the vines will wrap, eventually closing it in like a "house" I just searched the Web, typed in "Sunflower house" and found quite a few sites, worth reading...

Latest posts