Sweet Wild Syringa

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am tired of the snow here. Not there ;) Syringa is Lovely.

I totally get it. For a person like me who enjoys winter and snow I'm about tired of it too.
My husband was on the roof shoveling and I tackled all the outbuilding roofs yesterday. We worked for 4 hours...:eek:
He has the garage to finish today. Poor guy.

After it comes off the roof there is just a huge mess on all the doorways and walkways. Makes me tired thinking about it.
But it is not currently snowing and I'm so glad to see that, LOL.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lordy I am missing BROWNIES! We are on a low carb diet and it is hard to give up carbs. I have lost 8 pounds, so it is working. I bought a couple of recipe books and the "imitation" foods are pretty good, but not the imitation breads. :tongue

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking at it positively, it's great exercise and makes us breath all that crisp piney air deeply!
And, I burned off the 3 big fudge brownies from Valentines day, lol.

i really enjoy shovelling snow too exercise and getting out for some fresh air. we haven't had too much snow on the roof that i've ever worried about it not holding up, but it is a hexagon shape with a solid core holding it up - it doesn't move much at all during high winds.

i won't talk about trying to burn off extra calories lately. :(

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lordy I am missing BROWNIES! We are on a low carb diet and it is hard to give up carbs. I have lost 8 pounds, so it is working. I bought a couple of recipe books and the "imitation" foods are pretty good, but not the imitation breads. :tongue

have you tried any of the sprouted breads? i thought those were at least better in terms of carbs? we pretty much had to cut all bread out of the diet for a few months.

we're due to get back on the low carb wagon now that Mom is done with her baking for a few weeks. i don't think i'm going to meet my goal this month of -5lbs. :( gotta get back to it - ugh, just weighed in... nope - not even close. :(

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
While dh was on the house roof, I climbed up on the outbuildings and removed snow. This is how deep it was on Lukes shelter. It probably wouldn't be a problem at that depth, but I am not a gambler.
20190215_105632.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
While dh was on the house roof, I climbed up on the outbuildings and removed snow. This is how deep it was on Lukes shelter. It probably wouldn't be a problem at that depth, but I am not a gambler.
View attachment 30664

the hard thing is that if it rains the weight can really skyrocket...

nice outside now so i'm going to go fart around out in the sun and shovel the rest of the driveway just to move some more...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
have you tried any of the sprouted breads? i thought those were at least better in terms of carbs? we pretty much had to cut all bread out of the diet for a few months.

we're due to get back on the low carb wagon now that Mom is done with her baking for a few weeks. i don't think i'm going to meet my goal this month of -5lbs. :( gotta get back to it - ugh, just weighed in... nope - not even close. :(

There is a health food store in town that sells Ezekiel bread. It's sprouted grain, plus lots of other grains. Good stuff...… but it's still carbs. Then if I succumbed to temptation and put my wild plum jelly on it......:barnie

Latest posts