Sweet Wild Syringa

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
She is lovely. How has your heart not burst from love for with a generous dollop of pride in her progress? Trotting back to you, that melts my heart. Love that girl!

I know. My heart does feel ready to burst often. The change in her trust is humbling. Sometimes when we are just standing around together in her pen she will close her eyes and rest her forehead against me.
My husband, who is not a horseman, said something profound to me when I first brought her home and was working on her just relaxing in my presence. He said, you know, God wants us to trust Him the way you want her to trust you.
That is so true. God wants only good for us.
I have learned so much about myself through this little wild mare.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another thing I'll point out is that all the running and bucking was a total feel good thing on a brisk day. She wasn't rebelling at the saddle. I asked her to move out and she did. When I asked her to come back to me she did that too.

that is what i took it as from the pictures. the joy of being.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband, who is not a horseman, said something profound to me when I first brought her home and was working on her just relaxing in my presence. He said, you know, God wants us to trust Him the way you want her to trust you.
That is so true. God wants only good for us.
I have learned so much about myself through this little wild mare.

I love it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
20191208_142352.jpg

I thought you guys would like to see the enormous LGD of my neighbors. He's an Armenian Gampr, a landrace breed.
Just a wonderful dog and I am happy to have him in our neighborhood.

Standing next to him and holding Syringas line is my other neighbor who has periodically been helping me find the holes in my work with Syringa. We are at the Gampr neighbors property who so generously offered her arena to me to work Syringa in since my roundpen has slick footing.

Latest posts