Taking Lambs To Slaughter

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pigs are much smarter than sheep....although have to question how easily duped they can be. So maybe I give them too much credit.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I fed our first batch of pigs in the trailer, it worked. Since then, I just use boiled eggs and they hop on in to get their treats.

Sheep-they are tons of fun.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tonight we each had 4 lamb chops and mixed vegetables. I sprinkled the chops with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and feta cheese. I baked them in the oven to medium rare, delicious!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever had lamb. I showed DH some pics of your lambs Bay. He said why don't we get some? I bout fell outa my chair! lol

have you had venison or other game animals besides beef, pork, chicken, turkey, duck? it is stronger tasting, you can get hints of it in a gyros or go try it at a Greek restaurant before going through the expense of buying and raising the animals. i'm good with lamb, Mom won't have it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever had lamb. I showed DH some pics of your lambs Bay. He said why don't we get some? I bout fell outa my chair! lol
You might want to try lamb before you buy sheep LOL. The only lamb I had was in a restaurant and wasn't that good. so I went out on a limb, but our lamb is mild and very good. Raising our own meat is beyond description. If you would like to try lamb, PM me and we can get together on that.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
have you had venison or other game animals besides beef, pork, chicken, turkey, duck? it is stronger tasting, you can get hints of it in a gyros or go try it at a Greek restaurant before going through the expense of buying and raising the animals. i'm good with lamb, Mom won't have it.

I might have been born in the dark, but wasn't last night. :) I had no plans what so ever of purchasing an animal to raise for meat without knowing if I liked it or not. But thanks for reminding me to look before I sheep, uh I mean leap. Oh, deer meat is one of our favorites. YUM! Alligator is also good as is goat, elk & antelope.

You might want to try lamb before you buy sheep LOL. The only lamb I had was in a restaurant and wasn't that good. so I went out on a limb, but our lamb is mild and very good. Raising our own meat is beyond description. If you would like to try lamb, PM me and we can get together on that.

You were the first person I thought of to get some from! It's local, home raised and I'd rather help a neighbor than some grocery store.

Latest posts