Temporary Pet Tender Job

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do this with Ben when he's on his run line...he's prone to jumping up in the air in excitement if he sees me coming to let him off the line, but if I see any of that, I just stop walking and stare him down. His butt hits the ground so fast it's funny. And he's learned that butt better STAY on the ground or that line doesn't get unfastened from his collar.

He used to give a bark or two in excitement but I won't let him go at all if he barks, so he's learned to keep that mouth SHUT. I don't tolerate my own dog barking at me.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
These type of trainers don't work with the owners they make promise of returning well behaved dog. The check long clear before owner see dog. Here dog trainer need no licence or permit any one can wake up that day decide they are a dog trainer. You would not believe what some trainers think. I had a client with a puppy they was nipping, trainer told her every time puppy bit her give it a treat. This was suppose to give puppy another outlet for his mouth. I said your rewarding your puppy for bitting you not smart.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do this with Ben when he's on his run line...he's prone to jumping up in the air in excitement if he sees me coming to let him off the line, but if I see any of that, I just stop walking and stare him down. His butt hits the ground so fast it's funny. And he's learned that butt better STAY on the ground or that line doesn't get unfastened from his collar.

He used to give a bark or two in excitement but I won't let him go at all if he barks, so he's learned to keep that mouth SHUT. I don't tolerate my own dog barking at me.
Bee, I just love how you know so much. You're a little like me in that I don't tolerate much either, haha.

Mary

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
You have already committed this time, so shut the dog in a room with a door while you deal with the cat. Then, when they get home have a talk about this.
If you know ANYTHING about dog training, you might try that right before you leave each day. My SIL's dogs are sweet, not quite this bad, but she won't train them to listen.
They listen to me!
When they try to jump on me I grab the collar, push down on their back side and demand "sit!", then give lots of praise.
wash, rinse, repeat
Generally animals won't respond well after 5x, but it worth repeating up to 5x.

Last edited:

Latest posts