Temporary Pet Tender Job

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
That dog just needs some proper leash walking and exercise to burn off energy. I'd LOVE to get my hands on such a dog, and turn him around to my and Bay's way of thinking while babysitting him. They'd come home to a different animal.
I beg to differ on the burning off energy. Too bad there isn't a fenced in back yard to put this dog into and out of the way!
When a dog or a horse isn't listening, the LAST thing you want to do is to get them more fit!
I have kept a dog or dogs for 20 years, horses for 32 years. I do believe that each animal needs time to play. When I stall my horses I turn them out and tell them to "run around and act stupid." They need time to misbehave when I am not right next to them.
With adequate turnout I can train and ride without Dealing with the extra energy.
I am SURE that YOU could turn this dog around!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Problem with turning out a dog is unless someone is out there with dog , dog runs around a little checks everything out then lays down and naps.

Exactly. Or, if you play with them to burn off energy, often you wear out before they do and it leaves them even more excited and distracted.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let me send you some of this 106 degree heat we are having. That takes the starch right out of my dogs. All they want to do is beg to come in and sprawl out in the cool wood floor under an AC vent. Paris, our female Great Pyrenees never comes in, so I water a hole for her to dig in the cool earth. NONE of them want to play! LOL LOL

Latest posts