That's it! Now I'm mad!

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well our weather forecast was a fizzle this time. Kate lives just about 20 miles southeast of here and she says they got some flurries. They got 6" about 30 miles south of here. We got nothing but it's raining out there right now and they're predicting some sleet and freezing rain by morning.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Woke up this AM to about 1/4-1/2" of ice. Travelled to work at about 15 MPH and still slid some. Just love ice..........

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, thank goodness, we have had two dry days in a row and they're predicting three more dry days. Maybe I'll be able to get out there on Friday or Saturday. But the temperature is supposed to get down to 17F tonight. Brrrrr!

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey Katie, it's 8:00AM and I just looked out the window and it's snowing like crazy right now. I can hardly see the corn field it's snowing so hard.

I've been taking some really, really strong medication these past two weeks and I decided to try to sleep this morning and 8:00 snuck up on me by surprise. I gotta get out there to tend to the animals and I sure don't want to today. I'm already 2 hours late.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have to go out today and cover plants... so I feel your pain.

We're going to get down to 20 degrees tonight. Our afternoon will be like 46?!

Average temps in January are 52 degrees according to the weather service. Our average temps for March, 68 degrees! We've only had 2 day this month at or about the temps. We've hit a few records already for the coldest temps in March. Here, everything is pretty much blooming, and has been. We're surrounded by blooming trees, tulips, sprouts.... even my freesia has sprouted and I'm worried because its an early summer flower and they do not handle cold at all!

Saturday it was like 71, but when I got up in the morning on Monday.... there was ice in the chicken buckets. WHAT THE HEY!!!!!????????

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well we have had snow flurries here this morning, heck last night they where calling for freezing rain now it's just calling for rain. wish they would make up their minds
speaking of weather where's the early spring that Punxsutawney Phil predicted ????
if I was not going down to Charleston,sc for a week<the company that I work for is opening a new store there and I was volunteered to hang all the new pipe and hook up all the equipment.>
would be taking a drive up to gobblers knob,pa to get me a two face lying groundhog.....groundhog makes a very nice stew.

but on a good note still had a little clover growing in the garden so figured this would be a good time to throw out some triple phosphate and till it.
while I was down at the feed store asked the salesperson about moss in the lawn he recommended iron sulfate to kill it, so spread a bag of it in a test area if it works, there's another 3 acre's to do.
the moss has been slowly taking over, tried lime it a small area nope that did not work it looks greener now...

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Major - there is a local lawyer who is calling for the arrest of Phil on fraud charges! :lol: We're supposed to get 2-3" by Monday morning. Today is in the 50s, so I am totally soaking it up while I can.

Latest posts