The 2014 Little Easy Bean Network - Get New Beans On The Cheap

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got my five Russ. They look good, all nicely colored and plumped up. 12 each Lazy Housewife Red, Timbavati, and Volta, 6 Cape Sugar #3, and only 3 Mahlathini. The pressure is on with the Mahlathini but I'll do the best I can. Those definitely get rabbit protection.

I plan to plant some production beans, probably Black Turtle, at the end of next week to test for germination weather. If I get decent germination, I'll get yours started. Thanks for the opportunity.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
the beans are peeking their little heads out!!!! :ya corn is up, beans are peeeking tomatoes are like 9 inches I feel like a regular gardener! :weee Thanks Russ!! for your generosity!!!

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yay, :celebrate you all have to put pictures and give regular updates about your varieties, and what you do with them. I need a good reason to grow beans other then for fried,baked, or refried beans :sick Which is all that comes to mind when I think "beans"

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yay, :celebrate you all have to put pictures and give regular updates about your varieties, and what you do with them. I need a good reason to grow beans other then for fried,baked, or refried beans :sick Which is all that comes to mind when I think "beans"

Good idea. That would probably be rather reassuring for Russ too. I think we'd all enjoy the updates.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wonderful news :celebrate

The beans are arriving, and some are even starting to peek out at the world. :thumbsup I'm going to mail out Smart Reds beans today.

Smart red I got your seed returns last week. Thanks ! They went into the freezer for longer term storage. Wish we could get more joiners this year. We are still a very small group.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted that south bed today. Got the second planting of the bush African varieties in it, all but Purple Queen which only came with 3 seeds and are only in one bed for those. I then finished off the south bed with the second planting of the outcrosses. I have 21 more outcross varieties to second plant. They'll go in the back bed which I'll begin work on this week.

Right now I'm on a coffee up break. (Some of you know I have a LOT OF COFFEE TO DRINK BECAUSE OF THE BEANS! LOLZZZ!)

Actually, my present mission is to double check about the pole beans to make sure I have them all planted at least once. That last middle bed is nearly done, and it will be planted with the second planting of the pole beans.

Oh, Russ, that EXTREMELY MOST BEAUTIFUL LIMA BEAN, GANYMEDE is being so far the slowest to sprout, along with that small beige Lima bean variety I got from Puerto Rico. I'll give them another week before I replant the spots.

I can also use the moist paper towel in a baggy kept at 80 degrees germination method, being's how determined I am not to fail.

Russ, I put in a topic mentioning to everyone about the little easy bean network.

http://www.theeasygarden.com/thread...e-little-easy-bean-network.15316/#post-178983

So Lucky says I can sell hairbrushes to bald people. That one made me have to clean my laptop. I shouldn't have read it while I had coffee in my mouth! Reminded me of my days working at the greenhouse and nursery in Montana. Each year we sold almost twice as many plants and trees as the year before when I worked there, and heck, I don't consider myself a salesman. I'd just get a bit excited letting a person know how those 2 sentinel grafted trees would look on each side of their long driveway near the street, for example...

Oh kay, off to count pole bean varieties... gotta keep this all fine tuned organized...

Latest posts