The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

Whitewater

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Last night we had Santa Cruz style stuffed Anaheim chilis, the chilis came from my garden but we bought the onions and garlic :)

They were really good! I particularly liked the stuffing, which (if I add shrimp or crab, or another different sort of cheese, or all three) will also make a fabulous stuffing for mushrooms or squash, too. It's really simple, just sauteed onions and garlic with some bread crumbs and cheese.

I also roasted the three Early Wonder beets I harvested and they were good, though quite a bit more strongly flavored than the beets I get at the store. I was very surprised! I don't know if I like the extra flavor wallop or not. The beets weren't tough or woody, in fact, I didn't even have to take off their skins before I ate them.

The chickens enjoyed the slightly imperfect beet greens -- I don't like eating brown spots or bug bite cut-outs, so the chickens got those, they didn't seem to mind! The chickens also got the tops of the Anaheim chilis, they LOVE those peppers!

Soon we'll be up to our ears in zukes and cukes and tomatoes, I can't wait!

Whitewater

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I made pesto, but I'm not too happy with the results. It seems like a pretty standard recipe, so maybe I just don't like pesto. I cant say that I'm ever really eaten it. I also blended & strained the big bowl of blackberries that DH claimed smelled like they were fermenting. Too bad I don't like blackberry wine!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Getting ready to make some cheese stuffed cherry tomatoes!!!

The idea of pesto sounds PERFECT today Kate!!! :D I bet it was wonderful anyways.

jen4

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Fajitas with the beautiful green peppers from our garden and zucchini bread :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Creamed peas and new potatoes for lunch today . . .

The English peas are late enuf that they can be included with an early potato harvest this year. Actually, I'm completely happy :) with using the Sugar Snap peas instead, if need be!

Steve

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I made ramen soup with pak choi, butterstick squash, and zucchini. Usually it's super yummy, but I overcooked the veggies while dealing with a toddler meltdown. It was mush. :(

Whitewater

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
A couple of days ago I sauteed the 1st green zucchini and had it over rice. It's a simple meal, and I find that I really feel full with *our* zukes instead of the ones from the store, which always leave me hungry again in a few hours.

I think in the next few days I'm going to boil the carrots I've pulled, then slice and freeze them. We need to use them up!

Whitewater (expecting 2 more green zukes today!)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whitewater, I saved a bunch of carrots in the fridge. I thought for sure they would rot- but they stayed fine until spring. I didn't seal the bags up tight and I put a paper towel in there to absorb the moisture. I was really surprised how long they lasted.

Latest posts