The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

kcsunshine

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Pasta with eggplant and squash casserole - Picked the squash yesterday and the eggplant today.

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We've been gorging on sweet corn, various squashes, cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes, new potatoes, snap beans, butter beans, and now crowder peas. Yum!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mmm... Pie and Corn! :D I wish I had either of those.

I had some scrambled eggs from my girls this morning, I topped my eggs with fresh tomatoes chopped from the garden and toast with blueberry jam I made from my neighbor's blueberries. :p

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
Apple pie, from apple pie filling that I canned in 2006!! :lol:
You mean canned stuff lasts this lonnnng!? I didn't know that, I assumed it only lasted about a year. The things I learn here from everyone. :rolleyes:

Mary

sparks

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
An eggbake for supper. Fresh eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, fresh peppers, onions, oregano and last years dried tomatoes. Delicious:p

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Canned 14 quarts of green beans, froze 63 ears of corn, have been eating cucumbers (now giving them away at work), cherry tomatoes coming out our ears, and very few ripe slicing tomatoes. Heck I even have two ripe cantaloupes. I'm ready to be inundated by ripe tomatoes, let the canning begin. :lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have more figs I'm going to jam today... and I'm blanching tomatoes to make salsa because my hot and sweet peppers are ready now too!!! :D

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just finished canning 2 qts of peach preserves. This weekend, I have made 4 pts blackberry jam, a gallon of peach ice cream, 5 qts of pickles, and 2 qts of tomato sauce. It's nice to get all this stuff put up. :)

Whitewater

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We shared the first cucumber between us tonight, sliced it and ate it raw. It was WONDERFUL. Have you guys ever noticed that the stuff that comes from your gardens has a lovely smell that the grocery store stuff doesn't have?

I couldn't quite believe how lovely the Eureka cuke was. This is definitely going to make a permanent part of our veggie garden! The flesh was crisp, the skin thin enough that we didn't have to even bother with skinning, the flavor delicate but pervasive, the seeds unobtrusive. And it didn't need any help, no salt, or salad dressing, or sauces, nothing.

I can't wait for pickles! There are three more cukes on the vine right now that I think I might slice and make bread-and-butter pickles with.

I have fallen in love with this cuke.

Whitewater

Latest posts