The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
Yukon Gold potatoes in the crock-pot roast and a heapin'helpin' of fried okra, rolled in corn meal/flour/Cajun Seasoning after dipping in egg/milk. :ya
Ohhhh.... crock pot sounds like an AWESOME idea today!!!!!!!!!!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Last night we had Yukon Gold potatoes--even cooking in the microwave they tastes gosh darn glorious!! And, we had my first beets--SSSSOOOO SSSWWWEEEETTTTT!!!!

vfem, we don't have Central AC. Instead we use window units, but my house is old and you can shut the doors between rooms. I put my crock pots on the "eating" table on the screened in porch during the hottest weather, so they don't heat up ANY part of the house. :D

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am about to throw some apricots and apples in the crockpot to butter-ize them. I got the apricots from a friend and the apples are from my tree.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Picked my first lima beans today so I'm having succotash with limas, corn, red and green chopped bell peppers and a small chopped tomato. I like to add some Italian sausage to my succotash. That way I have a complete meal in one dish.

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I picked up some stuff from the farmers market this morning. I made a deal for all the paste tomatoes one vendor had left as I didn't plant nearly enough for my sauce-making needs this year. About 3lbs of jalapenos as all of mine are extremely slow to produce this year and I want to go ahead and make some pickled jalapenos. Some onions to go with the tomatoes since none of my onion starts made it and I never started any more. I also got a couple bell peppers to use in my zucchini relish.

Put all that together and today I am making: pickled jalapenos, starting on my zucchini relish (has to sit overnight), tomato sauce, and dill pickle spears. If I have time, I am also planning to made apple cider jelly. I have my doubts that I will get to that today...

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yesterday I canned 7 qt of tomatoes from my garden. One of Cherokee Purple (which won the taste test btw), 2 of cuor di bue, 2 of early girl, and 2 of mixed hillbilly potato leaf and striped roman. I have TONS of green tomatoes, but only had 2 plastic bags ripe so far. I will send a pic of the cherokee purple, so cool looking!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Love those purple Cherokees. Mine got huge this year. Great slicing tomatos. Hardly any seed.
Tonight I have some Anaheim peppers ready so it will be chili rellenos with Mexican beans and Spanish rice.
Anyone have a good recipe for chili relleno sauce?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Harvested about one-half the crop - filled a wheelbarrow with the soybean plants . . .

Edamame!

. . . . and beer.

(Since I grow wheat most every year and hops are grown commercially hereabouts, I wonder . . . . . . . . . . . . :p)

digitS'

Oscgrr

Sprout
Reaction score
Beet greens. Previously, I'd just toss em into the compost but I read somewhere on-line that they cook up real nice. I sauteed them with some olive oil, garlic, sea salt and red pepper flake and, WOW! I can't believe I tossed these. I froze the stems for my next soup base, it'll have an interesting color.