The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've only had okra a few times, and it was slimy with little seeds, and icky.

But then I love raw clams, oysters, Hayachi persimmons, and other gooey slimy things. Go figure...

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Canning some zucchini pickles as I type this... :p
Oh!
And I've got a batch of zucchini relish sitting that will be ready for finishing tomorrow. YUM!

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I froze 3 quarts of zucchini last night and ate a few on the grill for supper. I love my zucchini!!! I need some dill (which did not come up from seed this year) so I can try some pickles. I have way too many cucumbers. I keep feeding them to the goats and chickens when they get limp in the refrigerator.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We roasted a chicken on the rotisarie today with steamed spinach and wilted letteuce salad from the garden. PLUS some tiny new potatoes. YUM. :drool Can't wait for the peas, green beans, zucchini, ec...to be ready. :tools

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I made quiche last night- with basil, swiss chard, scapes and onions from the garden. And the eggs were from our chickens!

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yesterday we roasted some red peppers from the garden, (to go with chili lime chicken breast.)

We had french fries cut from the Yukon Gold potatoes I grew. And I made pickles with vfem's recipe. :)

-Wendy

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Wendy, would you like to share the recipe for your chili lime chicken
breast? Sounds tasty!
It's this one: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes...-breasts/c2b88a97-d660-4249-9e49-4762578a595f

However, I go ahead and squeeze the lime and use the juice. (Seemed like a waste not to...) This does not need to marinate very long -- I usually put the ingredients in a bowl and leave it on the counter, stirring the chicken around and flipping it over occasionally, for 20-30 minutes while the grill heats up and we prep other things.

It's quick and has been a nice change from the constant italian dressing marinated grilled chicken. (That *does* need to marinate for several hours, or it doesn't taste like anything.)

-Wendy

Latest posts