The Cost of Education

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I agree with Thistlebloom. BTW, the Special Ed teachers I have met are among the most caring in the school districts. Having worked with a lot of special needs kids myself, I found most of their teachers to be great at helping advocate for them alongside their parents, even when the district might be putting up obstacles. I think you make some really good points, and yes, we can't stereotype all people, parents, teachers or whatever. There is a need for every platform of teaching. I only wish that public education would not be a victim of so many 'trends' both in its content and its delivery. Again, that does go back to the politicians for the most part.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Dearest CityFarmer,

Thank you for that post! I had some great teachers in school, and some real "psychos" too. Parents have to be involved in the education of their children. And it drive me crazy when a child is a problem in class, the parent take the side of the child and sue the school! I think what we see is a breakdown of society as a whole. Yet, there are still parents/grandparents and teachers out there working hard to educate the next generation.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My sister is the director at an assisted living facility. She has had to fire many very young LPNs. They promise you the world when they come for an interview in order to get the job. They then come to work, hide so they don't have to work, steal, and are rotten to the clients who are paying their life's wealth to be there. This is a cultural problem. Even the educated want to not work and make a lot of money. No moral compass.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
My sister is the director at an assisted living facility. She has had to fire many very young LPNs. They promise you the world when they come for an interview in order to get the job. They then come to work, hide so they don't have to work, steal, and are rotten to the clients who are paying their life's wealth to be there. This is a cultural problem. Even the educated want to not work and make a lot of money. No moral compass.
I agree, but we're not exactly showing our young people a lot of positive examples are we? Excluding "us" the kids have corrupted officials, jailed super athletes, drug-addicted movie stars, fallen preachers, child molesters and mass murderers to guide them. I finally figured out why my kids don't let their kids watch the evening news. Or any network TV, for that matter.

Latest posts