The Fast Metablism Diet

Jeni Ann

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It isn't going to come off easy because this is the last 15lbs ... @ 5'10" with a goal of 145lbs & at my age ... (*sigh* damn menopause) ... but I know I need to do this.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jeni Ann, just think I'm 60 yrs. old and want to lose those 5 lbs. That is harder than your 15. You can do it. A lot of it is mental. You have to reach point where you tell yourself that you are stronger than your eating urges.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, I think I have your diet beat. I call it the moving stress diet. First buy a repo doublewide, then rip out all the flooring, repaint the whole thing, lay the flooring yourself. :thumbsup Measure, cut the boards, plop down on the floor to get up close and personal. Which then necessitates getting back up-quite a feat with worn out knees. Swing a heavy mallet, beating the nails in the tongue of the wood. This is good for unused shoulder muscles and burns calories. Bend over. :ya Bend over a lot. Pray that some day, your back will go straight again and you won't stumble around with your very own dowager hump on your back. :\

Clean up the 8 acres by walking back and forth in neck deep weeds. Can't see your feet and don't step on a snake. :barnie Bend over and pick up trash. Bend over a lot. It's great for your abs. Drag bags of cans, bottles and general trash. Get little sleep. :confused: When you do, sleep on hard sofa at your daughter's house or take recliner to house and sleep in that. Drive 160 miles one way several times a week. Don't eat much, because that interferes with your work. Drink lots of water because you sweat a lot. Oh, and tossing 34 trash bags in the truck, then tossing 34 trash bags out of the truck is really good for your upper body strength.

Paint the whole ceiling-all of it-in one day. Don't worry, your arms really won't fall off and the feeling will return to your fingers someday. :lol:

I got up to 147 pounds! I try to stay in the low 140's. I used to be rail skinny, on a good day I might weigh 123. I am 5'8" and went on gain weight diets. Middle age and I gained weight, finally have to watch what I eat. So, on my new fangled diet, I have dropped 7 pounds! I bet I can lose more when we get moved and the outdoor activities really begin! :lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, I'm speechless, don't know what to say. I don't think I could do what you've done on your property. I guess a side benefit that you didn't count on was weight loss. Keep up the good work!

Mary

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@ninnymary , Congrats on your successes! You may be losing pounds slowly but you have quickly gained new tips and ideas for making some long term changes you can live with. I think that's a big part of the diet battle. It will help you maintain your goals. Congrats to your hubby also!... even though that might be tough.;)

I'm fortunate to take after my dad, small build, high metabolism. I gain a few, lose a few, and have come to accept that things have shifted around a bit.:\ I don't have that 'middle' weight that I think is the hardest place to deal with. DH has real big weight swings, he likes to EAT! I have been hinting at some of your tips and have him thinking. His health is very good but he needs some of those long term changes.

Thanks for sharing your diet experience with us!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you Lavender 2. I just finished reading a blog where the blogger said it will take you as long to take it off as it took you to put it on. This helped me a lot since I want instant results in like 4 weeks. Weight gain has so many contributing factors. Weight loss has them also. It's not as easy as just saying it's diet and exercise. He mentions that treats are something out of the ordinary. So I guess, I will have to limit my treats to like once a week even though he recommends once a month. ;)

I've been pretty much eating "clean" meaning minimum processed foods, no dairy, and no wheat. My future goal is to eat only treats that I make. Nothing store bought or from the bakery. Although I did just hear about a new french bakery coming soon to our town. :) My mantra is "it has to be worth the calories".

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
;)

Although I did just hear about a new french bakery coming soon to our town. :) My mantra is "it has to be worth the calories".

Mary
Mary,
according to past reading, the only bites you really enjoy and savor are the first and the last. I've also read that the aroma coming from a new French bakery contains no calories. (I'd have to test that one. I suspect I can gain weight on fumes.) So, for a once a month treat, take a friend to the bakery with you. Stand around smelling the scents for as long as you can without looking suspicious. Cut off a tiny first and last bite and let the friend eat the rest. (Do save your last bite to celebrate with your friend's last bite.) That saves you on calories, allows you to enjoy the bakery, and gives you motivation to work hard through the rest of the next month.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Caveat -- I am not a sweets eater so walking past a bakery, even walking into a bakery is a lot easier for me than for most adults. My dreams are not of French crullers and chocolate eclairs, but of nachos and such.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart Red, I have developed a "sweet tooth" in my later years. I didn't know this was possible. First of all, I don't think I will have the will power to eat a treat just once a month. I love my Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice-cream too much. I also love whole milk ricotta cheese on a piece of whole wheat rustic toast. That and a fruit salad is heaven for me. I've been eating sprouted bread that contains no wheat as toast with almond butter on the weekends. That helps a lot with eating bread and a good fat along with my jasmine tea.

We have a decent bakery in town but the deserts are just so so. I hope this new french bakery is a great one! That may be my weekly treat. ;)
For me I enjoy and savor every bite!

Mary

Latest posts