The Fast Metablism Diet

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sorry for the set-back! At least you didn't gain weight, that would have been much worse.
Best of luck for week three....

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most women, me included, first gain weight in their butt and stomach and thighs, but first lose it in their boobs. :rolleyes:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Awww, that's not very encouraging Mary! Darn husband! That makes it even harder. But hang in there, this is probably the week that will make the difference.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, if exercising more. Muscle weighs more than fat. So your waist may be smaller but heavier.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
With some things -- diets being one of them -- you really have to walk in faith. If you know you are following the diet plan and not "cheating" then you have to know that the weight will come off.

:loveIt is tougher for people with 30 or less pounds to lose and it is tougher for women then for men in most cases. Adding more food can be the problem, but more likely it is your system adjusting to the food plan. Keep it honest and keep the faith! :hugs

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, I don't feel very proud of such a measly loss. I suppose I can't expect it to all go away in 4 weeks when it took be at least a year to gain it. Haven't checked with my husband yet. I'll call him later on at work.

I'm excited to see what week 2 brings though.

Mary
If you have a lot of weight to lose it comes off fast. When you just have 10 or so lbs to go it takes forever. Fast loss is never permanent loss.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You're right seedcorn but this week I could feel my waist being the same as last week. :(

Mary
Please, upset that you haven't lost 10# and 2" inches in 2 weeks???? Relax.

It is not easier for men to lose than women. It's all about exercise, intake vs. Usage. It's not easy and most of us CLEARLY don't want to do it.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will try to be patient. The last 5 or so pounds are probably the hardest to lose. I'm haven't cheated and I'm not really tempted to. It's really a mind set for me. I just tell myself at least I have good food to eat. I do miss having something sweet. I was going to make chocolate chip cookies today and freeze them but decided not to. The temptation to taste one would be too great. :rolleyes:

Mary

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ninny - Are you allowed to take supplements during this diet? Studies show that fish oil can help prevent weight gain. Or at least, it prevented weight gain in leptin lacking mice, who had no other choice but to get fat. If it can do that, it must be something special!

Just a thought. :)