The Fast Metablism Diet

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Amkuska, she doesn't mention that. I once took some fish oil and didn't like that burb effect. :eek: Maybe they were not a good brand. I'm sure there must be some that don't do that to you. I know fish oil is good for you and I probably should look into a better fish oil pill. We try to eat fish a couple times a week and I try to eat walnuts and flax seed to increase my omega 3s.

Mary

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
When you look for a new one, look for one that says "Burpless" on the label! I have the burpless variety because I can't stand fish burps. UGH!

If you are eating oily fish (salmon, tuna) twice a week you should be good to go. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I lost another 2 lbs. and I haven't cheated at all. It sure is chipping away s l o w l y. I am working on drinking lots of water. I didn't do this last week and that may be why I didn't lose weight then. The good news is that I can feel my stomach getting smaller and I'm now under 120 lb. My husband is down to 169. His goal is 165 which will be his lowest in 30 years!

I've learned a lot while doing this diet. Here is what I've learned I like: :)

1. I like steel cut oats.
2. I like stuffed bell peppers with grass fed ground beet.
3. I like turkey chili.
4. I like making turkey bacon to eat like beef jerky.

Things that I don't like: :eek:

1. Stevia. It tastes chemically/tinny to me.
2. Egg whites even though I like eggs.
3. Steam veggies.
4. I don't like not cooking with olive oil or oils.

Things I miss: :(

1. ice-cream
2. sweets like chocolate chip cookies
3. Williams-Sonoma peppermint bark candy
4. Eating out

This is the fourth and last week but I will continue the diet with some modifications. I will use honey instead of stevia. I will roast my veggies. I will cook with olive oil. I will try to limit the amount of nuts I eat. I eat to many of this high calorie food. I will also try to eat sparingly the ice-cream and peppermint bark and try to make healthier choices when eating out.

Mary

Jeni Ann

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:bowMary, you have inspired me!
I would like to lose 15 lbs, but haven't been real motivated. I have been losing and re-gaining the same 5 lbs since Nov o_O
It is funny that you are not happy w/ a 2.6 lb loss ... I lose 1 (stinkin' measly) lb and I strut around all proud of myself!!!
Also, I cannot imagine125 lbs!!! I think I weighed that when I was 12!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
:bowMary, you have inspired me!
I would like to lose 15 lbs, but haven't been real motivated. I have been losing and re-gaining the same 5 lbs since Nov o_O
It is funny that you are not happy w/ a 2.6 lb loss ... I lose 1 (stinkin' measly) lb and I strut around all proud of myself!!!
Also, I cannot imagine125 lbs!!! I think I weighed that when I was 12!
Jeni, I've never been up to 125lbs. I am now 118lb but would like to get to 107. Ok, I'll settle for 113. I think it would be easier for you to lose 15lbs than me who really needs to lose only around 10. They say it's harder when you have 10 or less, especially 5lbs.

Check out that book. I'm sure you can find it on ebay for around $10 including shipping. It's a 4 week program but she says to continue till you reach your goal. I will continue but with modifications.

Mary