The Great 2018 Northeaster(s)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
CAT_2846 (1).jpg
One of my friends just had a natural gas generator YESTERDAY! No power all around her but they are snug. Our power keeps flickering. We were almost out of wood and the same friend gave us a ton of wood yesterday. Have enough indoors to last a week, and more under cover. It looks fierce out there. Picture from the porch is deceiving.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
well, just got the update on snow total forecast. now up to 18" for my area. most areas have at least a foot so far. this stuff is fluffy but there is a layer of ice hiding under it all. this morning when i got up i noticed the cars had a dusting sticking to them but the road looked black with moisture. guess that is the black ice from the snow melting & then freezing back over. lots of accidents when just about everything is closed down today....except for town hall elections & special meetings that because of laws they can't just postpone.

haven't taken care yet to push the snow out of the driveway. will go out after this post. pushed the stuff off the porch about an hour ago to get the mail & got to see how slick it is.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
closest to me is Gonic. when i was out shoveling the driveway around 5pm i figured we had at least 12". called mom & dad after getting that done & they said they got 15", they live across town. just took another look out the window to see the new stuff on the cars & looks like there is another 8" on top of them. :confused:
Major, i may come for a visit next winter to get away from this white garbage they call snow! at least your area doesn't get feet at a time within 24 hours!

upload_2018-3-13_22-9-8.png

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It is still snowing here. Supposed to end out with 16" or so. School is canceled (again), although we have parent teacher conferences tonight. They promise to have the parking lot cleared by 2 p.m.
I'm glad the temperatures are relatively warm, and it sure is pretty out there!

Latest posts