The Great Pumpkin Delivered Candy!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, you once asked about changing a title. The time allowance offered the chance for me to add the word Candy to yesterday’s thread ;).

i knew it! :)

I do have a thread around here on the 2 catalogs received. It’s always the same 2 but I have the start of bathroom reading for the next few months :).

Jack o’Lantern, with the local post office has today off so he won’t be rolling by with his tricks.

Steve

seeing anything you really must have for this coming season yet? :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211114-080231_kindlephoto-192442004.png

In the autumn of 2020, my weight was the lowest in 20 years. Yeah, the previous millennium :).

Not true this year! I'm at my usual weight of 185, or 1.5# more because of my heavy pajamas and reading glasses.

;) With so much time sitting around the house in summer 2021, "usual" is a little surprising. But! I hasten to add, it may show that keeping the winter weight off will be less of the usual challenge.

🤞 Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20231022_145700_Threads.jpg
Exercise depends on the weather today but I have already had a few days this month doing the indoor mile.

Yes, and with the new hearing aids, Booker T and the MGs have been along on one or two :D.

Steve, Halloween candy is still in its protective plastic bags ;)

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I intend to walk the new puppy. You know how pets look like their owners or vice versa? Yeah. I do not want my dog to get fat.
As someone whose two dogs are at the human equivalent of 69 and 80 years old, I need vicarious puppy breath! Pictures please!

And as a human in my early 70s, I took my 69 (12) year old dog for her annual off-property walk yesterday to celebrate her dozen year birthday. Normally we go up in the national forest land, but with the rain and flooding, I was afraid to park in the field by one access point for fear my car would get swallowed up, or wanting to see how badly the dirt road to another access point has been washed out. So we walked the quarter mile on the gravel road my house sits on, up to the lake, and back. Although this walk is about equi-distant to our everyday on-property walk across our field and around our woods, it is on a steep uphill grade on the way up, steep downhill on the way back, and the hard packed surface is not kind to my old bones. I'm recovering with liniment and aspirin today, while Mabel seems fine. Maybe because 4 feet is better than two, or because 4 or 5 years younger than me makes all the difference.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, Halloween candy is still in its protective plastic bags ;)

all those mini individually wrapped candies pretty much turned me off a lot of them and also i got a lot pickier about the candy quality and decided it all tasted rather too sweet and not really like chocolate any longer. it's the new chocolate coating that's too waxy and slimy to my tongue and it's just a big blah now... even my favorite candy bars that would always get me in year's past i just go "meh..." these days. and that does help my diet out.

what does not help my diet out is Mom making homemade chocolate frosting with butter and boxes of graham crackers or large bars of good chocolate but i'm holding fairly steady. when measuring weight it is always a good idea to wear the same clothes and at about the same time of the day and week so you're not throwing yourself off too much.

and with the new hearing aids can you hear yourself walking? you can get a shuffle and a boogie going ... :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have the shuffle down 😄. The left foot always shuffles.

Hear myself walking? I remember hearing myself years ago when I was spending lots of time at the hospital, walking the hallways down to the snack room late at night. I had thought that I had recovered from the early bouts of sciatic and joint problems but I could hear the difference in my steps echoing through the empty corridors. These days, and with hearing aids, I hear the creaking of the floor boards.

In that room, a stairway once descended to the cellar where the storage veggies now reside, waiting for Winter use. The half basement was apparently a latter addition. The kitchen was rebuilt sometime in the 100 year history of this old house. The entrance to the cellar is now through the basement and the floor was sealed and covered.

Steve creeeak

Latest posts